Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What color combo do you use on arrows

jbowers12

Talking What color combo do you use on arrows

I'm getting new arrows refletched and need help deciding on fletch and wrap color. What do you use. I will be hunting with these. I am thinking about all white. blazer wrap white and 3 blazers solid white with flouresent green nock.

How do you think it'll look??
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

For my 3D arrows I'm using a 4" white wrap and three orange Razyr feathers and orange G-nocks.

For my hunting arrows I don't use wraps. Fletch is three black 4" feathers or for rainy weather three Duravane LP 400 vanes in yellow. OK, why the black? Because I don't need to see my arrow go. It's right where the pin was when the bow went off.

Aim the bow. Shoot the bow. Let the bow shoot the arrow. Then keep aiming the bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default colors of favorite sports teams?

Me personally I like two dark colors, like purple or black, and then one lighter color like white or flo. yellow. The only reason for the one light fletch is to help find the arrow after it goes through that deer or turkey... right now I use 2 Black and 1 flo. Yellow, as i do not have purple fletchings to make them purple and yellow, like the vikings. But i live in wisconsin and a lot of people i know use green and yellow. Packers???

jbowers12

The reason i want everything white is mostly for seeing what kind of shot i made on a deer. Also for there looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything black with a flo red or flo orange Beiter Hunter Nock.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbowers12 View Post
    The reason i want everything white is mostly for seeing what kind of shot i made on a deer. Also for there looks.
    Back in the 70's when I was in my shooting prime I also had a coach that was the PSAA field champion in 1977. He coached me for about 3 years and one of the things he preached to me all the time was "The best shots you ever make will be those where you don't see the arrow go". I teach this to others today. That and some other of his sayings:

Aim the bow, not the arrow.
    Shoot the bow. Let the bow shoot the arrow.
    Aim the bow, aim the bow, aim the bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

eldermike

I am very close to color blind, on vanes I use a single black dot from a marker to identify the cock vane. On feathers I use one barred and two plain. I ask my wife to look for arrows in the lawn, she finds them in a few seconds after I have looked for an hour, right at it.

dbd870

2 orange, 1 white. Helps to find the arrow after the shot (pass through or miss - either way!); works pretty well in the woods.

Post Thanks / Like

i use 6' white wrap with 3 4" savage vanes all 3 flo orange or flo yellow i use this combination to gain some wt. on my lighter arrows . on my 400 grn. and more i only use 3 2" blazer vanes no wraps these are the ones i hunt with, and they are either flo orange or flo yellow , easy to see
    '
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

wolfeye

Default colors of fletch

I really like the bright colors as I like to try to see the arrow flight. The speed makes this hard to do though but I will stick with the bright colors--my favorite is orange and red.

wolfeye