Thread: Draw Mod Problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default Draw Mod Problems

The other night I tried to change my draw mod. The screws were set on 29" and when I tried to screw the screw into any of the other holes the screw wouldn't go in right. It felt like if I kept going I would strip the screws so I stopped. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to remedy this. I really would like to see if 28 1/2 or 28" feels any better. The 29" draw on my Cheetah feels shorter than the 29" on my Firecat.
    '10 ALIEN X 28.5DL X 70#
    HHA OL 5519
    QAD Pro Hd
    125grn Rage

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Are the mods plastic? I had a plastic mod for my mpro cam that did that. I took the mod off the cam and ran the screw in while holding some down pressure on it. Once I did that, and got the threads cleaned out it worked fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I assume we're talking about the FireCat, right?

Might have some burrs in the other holes. I'd take the module off and try running a tap in the other holes from the opposite sidejust to clean them up. If you don't have a tap then just use another screw with the same threads.
    But the whole point is to get the module off the cam so you can see that you aren't cross threading it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver