Thread: Cams and Limbs

jbowers12

Default Cams and Limbs

If i put the cat cams and the limbs required for the cat cams on my bengal would i see any speed differences? I am wanting a faster setup with less DW. Next year i'm deffinatley going with a firecat or warthog for this reason. I like the smooth draw but not the speed of the M2pro. I think i would rather drop the DW to about 50# or so and shoot the cat cams.

That way i want loose so much speed from the DW drop on the M2pro.

Post Thanks / Like

If you ever shoot the Warthog it will be over for you, just warning you in advance, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

If I can use my two bows for a comparison here's what I got.

2008 FireCat and a 2009 Moab (M2Pro). Shooting the same arrow at the same draw length and draw weight the FireCat was 15fps faster. The results you get might be different.

Frankly, JB, if you're going to get a new bow next year I don't think I'd go through the expense of changing limbs and cams. The cost would be about the same price as your Bengal unless you can work some kind of deal with someone. That's a lot of coin for 15 fps.

I will tell you this. I can't tell that much difference in the draw cycle between the two cam systems. I shoot both of mine at 45# and acually prefer the draw cycle of the Cat cam.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

What Barry said is correct. I`d get the new bow. A Firecat is very much like a Bengal specs wise, but you get the CAT cam system, and no guesswork for string specs and tuning, as the bow was designed that way. The cost of the upgrades will be most of the cost of a new Firecat anyways.

Alec

bd09firecat

i have a 09 fire cat for sale right now but its a 70# 26-29 draw its camo color if your interested please read and reply to my thread thanks and good luck