Thread: '09 Martin Cheetah Limbs

scottie

Default '09 Martin Cheetah Limbs

I'm a new proud owner of a '09 Martin Cheetah and am thinking of installing a CCS. I've read online that guys had problems with limbs breakn' do to incorrect limbs installed at the factory so I decided to check mine first. From what I read on the charts with a 70# bow I should have 5H limbs. Mine has 5L limbs which according to the charts is only for the 70# Firecat Pro-X. Does anyone else have these limbs on their cheetah? Is it something I should be concerned about?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

i have the 09 Bengal which had the wrong limbs also, i had the 5H put on mine to support the ccs. Joel discovered this after i sent it back for repair.

My advice is to call him direct and ask which ones you need before installing it. It increased my poundage by 15 after it was installed, it was at 85lbs for my 70# bow.

I love it now!

scottie

I talked to Joel and he said the limbs vary from bow to bow and the 5L is the correct limb for my 55-70# cheetah. He said I shouldn't have any problems so I guess I'll take his word for it. Thanks for the info.

HungarianHammer

I had 5H limbs on my 09" cheetah. The bottom limb just broke....waiting for a new limb to be shipped to my pro shop...Keep you posted.

HungarianHammer

k, so now which is the correct limb?????one of you said that joel said 5H and one said Joel said 5L???????????????????????????

scottie

Don't know what to tell you. The cam charts say the 5H is the correct limb, but joel told me the limbs vary from bow to bow. In other words, according to joel they are both correct.

HungarianHammer

Cool.... should have replacements very soon