Thread: Slayer SE w/ Elite limbs & what cams?

SandSquid

Default Slayer SE w/ Elite limbs & what cams?

Was the Slayer SE ever offered w/ Elite limbs?

Say I wanted to build up a Slayer w/ Elite limbs, think Nitrous-X or Furious-X cams would be the way to go? or perhaps a Dyna Cam?

flytier17

You'd have a 10" BH or thereabouts, and lots of hand shock with the Elite Limbs, despite the parallell profile.

I'd hazard a guess and say NOS A or B cams would be the right size. I'd go Nitrous just because I like it better than Fury or Furious, and I don't like single cams very much.

The Slayer was not designed for those kinds of specs with such a long limb. Personally, I'd neevr consider it an option.

Alec

flytier17

You'd have a 10" BH or thereabouts, and lots of hand shock with the Elite Limbs, despite the parallell profile.

I'd hazard a guess and say NOS A or B cams would be the right size. I'd go Nitrous just because I like it better than Fury or Furious, and I don't like single cams very much.

The Slayer was not designed for those kinds of specs with such a long limb. Personally, I'd neevr consider it an option.

I don't beleive Martin has ever made a Slayer with Elite limbs, even for a custon order.

Alec

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    You'd have a 10" BH or thereabouts,

The 2006 tune charts list the Slayer as having only a 6" brace height

What were the original limb length on the "stock" model 14, 15, or 16" magnums?

The 2006 and 2007 specs both list Nitrous Cams as well at the Dyna, so that's been done. And even if it came w/ 14" mags, going to 17" elites should only raise the Brace height to I'm guessing 8" to 8.5"

I don't beleive Martin has ever made a Slayer with Elite limbs, even for a custon
    order.
    Doesn't mean it might not be a nice bow... The Tigress/Elite/Nitrous-X I built is fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

The Tigress is not a parallel limbed bow. Elite limbs were not made to be used in a parrallel limbed configuration. I believe there would excessive limb twisting at at the shot (side to side undulation if you will). I'm not saying you can't do it, I just dont think it would be the best use of components.
    To answer your other question the original SlayR/Slayers came w/ 14" mag limbs.
    I did put some 16" limbs on my SlayR one time w/ some NOS A's basically doing what you like to do. It shot good but was just so so when it came to speed and at my 28" draw it was handicapping the bows true potential.

flytier17

6" BH is an aerage between all 3 sizes of nitrous cams, and 13" and 14" limbs. Basically, the shortest BH would be 13" limbs and NOS A cams, and the longest being 14" limbs and NOS C cams. My Slayer with 14" and C cams is 6 7/8" BH.

So assubing a 6.5" BH, add 3" to accomodate for the Elite limbs, and subtrace approx. .5" because they don't come straight back. You have 9" BH. More with bigger cams, less with smaller. My initial guess of 10" was a bit high, but after thinking it out, I'd estimate around 9" BH.

the only reason for such a long BH is forgiveness, or for an extremely long draw archer. If you were wanting forgivenes, a reflexed riser like the Slayers is the last choice I would make. The Slayer was designed aroung being a less forgiving speed bow. Like Scepterman said, a onger limb just handicaps the Slayers design and purpose. So does putting a solocam on a Slayer in my opinion. Solocams ar ebuilt for smoothness and tuning ease. A NOS system is not too hard to tune, and putting a smooth cam on an agressive bow design seems kind of self contradictory to me.

Alec

Quote Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
    The 2006 tune charts list the Slayer as having only a 6" brace height

What were the original limb length on the "stock" model 14, 15, or 16" magnums?

The 2006 and 2007 specs both list Nitrous Cams as well at the Dyna, so that's been done. And even if it came w/ 14" mags, going to 17" elites should only raise the Brace height to I'm guessing 8" to 8.5"

Doesn't mean it might not be a nice bow... The Tigress/Elite/Nitrous-X I built is fantastic!