Thread: C.A.T. Cams

jimi

Default C.A.T. Cams

What is everyones opinion on the new Cat cam design? I saw some new bows down at the shop the other day. Didnt get to shoot any with this set up so i cant make a good assumption. On a side note, i did get to hold the new Alien by Rytera and that bow looks sweet. Also held the Warthog. That bow is lightweight! Was that the bow that took the Slayer's place?

dbd870

There really is no substitute for shooting one with the cams and deciding for yourself.

flytier17

That Warthog took the Slayers place. Basically lighter, with a new riser design. Same as the 08 Slayer with CAT cams.

To decide on cams, shoot them. Its a personal judgement only you can make.

Alec

jimi

I use my Slayr for hunting. My set up has dual nitrous cams. This bow smokes em in there pretty good. The next time i am in the Market for a new bow, im going to really consider the line up of Rytera's. I like the look and feel of the Alien. Just hope the draw is as smooth as my Slayr. Doesnt old uncle ted shoot a rytera?

flytier17

Ole Unc Teddy plucks a bunch of different bows. I do my best not to keep up with whats new for him. But, I hear he shoots a Firecat recently.

Alec

jimi

I saw him shoot his guitar on stage with a flaming arrow. Tomarrow i get the STS and im all set to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've had several bows with Nitrous cams, one with the CAT cams (FireCat), and one with the M2Pro (Moab). Taking all things into account I like the draw cycle of the CAT cams better than the other two.

Of course some say it's pretty harsh, but I am only shooting 45-48# so it seems pretty smooth. My Moab is only 48# and I don't think it's that much smoother than the FireCat. What I do like is that I can shoot the lower weight and get just as good or better speed with the FireCat over the Moab.

I'm still not crazy about the length of the bow. I'd like something around 37-38", but with my 26.5" draw that isn't going to happen any time soon. Not unless Martin comes out with a mini-mod or a mini-Cat cam. We'll see.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

jimi

Well, for hunting anyway, Im shooting 29in draw at 65lbs. 100 grn Magnus Stingers and 300 in arrows with a 2 in fletching. Its like right now! Was just just curious to see the difference in delivery and such. The draw on my nitrous is smooth. High letoff at i believe(80%?). If the diffence was better for the cat cams, it would probably be cheaper to upgrade to a new bow.