Thread: martin string life

Smarta Way

Default martin string life

I have been shooting my new bow since march. today I inspected my cable string and half of the strands were torn. The wear is right around the cable rollers. I checked for burrs but no luck. I know martin doesnt warranty strings so I was wondering if I should bring it up to them any way? I guess ill probably end up getting new ones but I would hate to turn around and happen again.

Post Thanks / Like

Could you make a photo? Maybe you have a sharp edge around the rollers.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Stick Bow

If you go with strings other then factory most likely the strings will come served in the roller guard and around the idler wheel. I ordered cable and string from Bucknasty and was served in these positions. Haven't installed yet. My factory string shows some wear at roller guard (09 MOAB purchased late January)

HungarianHammer

Quote Originally Posted by Smarta Way View Post
    I have been shooting my new bow since march. today I inspected my cable string and half of the strands were torn. The wear is right around the cable rollers. I checked for burrs but no luck. I know martin doesnt warranty strings so I was wondering if I should bring it up to them any way? I guess ill probably end up getting new ones but I would hate to turn around and happen again.
    Yes it will probly happen again if you dont serve those areas....Myself and a few others have had the exact same problem. cALL MARTIN AND they will prob authorize string replacement. I did, and my tech amde me a set out of 452x (awsome) served thru the CCS and aruond thr idler. Watch out for wear to the cable serving as it goes around the cam.....this seems to be a special spot weve all been acquainted with.... ...........FYI

Smarta Way

so Martin authorized a replacement and your dealer made you cables? How does that work, did martin reimburse the dealer?

Also, is there any problem with the size of the serving(too tight) going through the ccs?

thanks for the responses

Post Thanks / Like

Serving this area shouldn't pose a problem. I did the strings on my Moab and they are fine. Figure it this way. The string and cable ends fit through the rollers and that's the hardest part.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver