Thread: New Jaguar T/D Recurve

Ratdog68

Question New Jaguar T/D Recurve

My bow just arrived. A number of glitches with it though...

No string included
    No limb bolts to secure the limbs to the riser
    No owner's manual
    The wood portion of the limbs appears to have not been finish sanded, nor was any finish applied to the limbs. Will moisture have an adverse affect on these limbs as received?

Bow #0920144-04/01/09

This does not appear to be consistent with the level of quality I've become accustomed to with a Martin Bow. I own an X-200 and a Mountaineer already.

Thank you,

Charles Greene,
    Seattle, WA

Ratdog68

Unhappy One more thing....

the riser's holes where the limb bolts would thread into... do not have any threads cut into them... unless there is some other means of attachment which I'm missing here.

Ratdog68

Default Thank you for the call back Joel...

The bow is enroute back to you, and is marked "Atten: Joel". Standing by.

deanrm

Charles,

I have a Jaguar T/D and it is an awesome bow! I did not have any of the issues that you had with yours.

I'm sure Joel will have you taken care of in no time. He's a great guy to deal with. Martin's customer service is what really sets them apart from other companies. That is why I only purchase and recommend to to others Martin bows.

Enjoy your new bow!

Dean

Ratdog68

Default Dean

Quote Originally Posted by deanrm View Post
    Charles,

I have a Jaguar T/D and it is an awesome bow! I did not have any of the issues that you had with yours.

I'm sure Joel will have you taken care of in no time. He's a great guy to deal with. Martin's customer service is what really sets them apart from other companies. That is why I only purchase and recommend to to others Martin bows.

Enjoy your new bow!

Dean
    I wasn't at all upset by it. I was a little befuddled though... it definately wasn't what I've come to expect from Martin. I have the X-200 and the Mountaineer... love 'em both and know what they're capable of puting out. Had a nice chat on the phone with Joel a couple of times now... I have no doubt it'll get squared away. What's going to be amusing is which bow arrives to my door first... this one I sent back to them... or, the other Jaguar I have ordered up from another vendor. Yup... I'm gonna have two of 'em.

Charles

Ratdog68

Default Hmm....

I ordered TWO of these new Jaguar bows. The second one arrived to my doorstep today.

Unlike the initial one, all the components for this bow are included in the box... this is good.

Unfortunately, like the first one I ordered... this bow's limbs do not appear to be "finished". I mean... LITERALLY... if I'm not careful, while running my hands up/down the limbs' edges, I could get slivers from this bow's limbs.

For some reason, I doubt that this would've been an issue for the limbs which were built by Damon Howatt for these bows.

I understand the need for cuting corners when you're producing a mass produced bow... sanding with 220 grit and a few quick coats of finish and send it out the door... BUT... getting splinters from the limbs is NOT what I expect from a Martin product.