Thread: Gold Tips for 09 FireCat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gold Tips for 09 FireCat

I have a 09 Firecat coming that I will shoot at 60# 29.5"dl and was wondering if the Gold Tip 5575's with 100gr. Stingers I shoot now are going to be stiff enough or if I'll have to go to the 7595's?
    Thanks in advance!

mroberts80276

you should be alright. according to GT's selection chart, 29" arrow length would be the max @ 60# before you had to switch to 7595's. how long are your arrows?

Post Thanks / Like

30.25" for my bow now.

mroberts80276

if you have them cut to 29' you should be fine.

mroberts80276

my pantera is @ 30" draw and my arrows are the Xt 5575 @27" my draw weight is 70#, these arrows FLY!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS.! Be great if I dont have to switch / change my fletching jigs etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mroberts80276 View Post
    my pantera is @ 30" draw and my arrows are the Xt 5575 @27" my draw weight is 70#, these arrows FLY!!!!
    Having shot GT's from a Pantera and other bows and having been on GT's advisory staff I would advise you to step up to at least the 7595 as the 5575 are way way underspined for your bow. At least give a stiffer arrow a try. Your arrows might FLY, as you put it, but they most likely aren't going to group very well with broadheads.

If you wish you can compare other arrow charts and see what spine you should be shooting at that length and weight. The 5575 is a 400 spine and the 7595 is a 340 spine. Frankly even a 340 spine is marginal at your specs.

If you are looking for speed you need to stay at or above a total arrow weight of 350 grains. This can be achieved with lots of arrows that are properly spined. Gold Tip 22 series or Ultralite 300 are two that come to mind. There are lots of others by Carbons Express, Easton, Beman, and others.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

whitetailfreak86

Default 5575's for me

Im shooting 5575 Pros and XT's outta my 09 firecat set at 70lbs. and 28" and they fly great. I shoot rage expandables so have not seen adverse effects bfisher is talkin bout with BH's. My only complaint is towards myself I gotta quit shooting same spot...3 robin hoods since I got the bow. 1 a friends arrow who was spouting off and 2 my own.