Thread: Winners Choice or Bucknasty Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winners Choice or Bucknasty Strings

I'm ready to purchase new strings for my Firecat and wanted to get Winners Choice but at $120 a set I figured I would shop around. I've heard alot of good things online about Bucknasty strings and thought about purchasing them. But when I went to my pro shop today and told them that I was going to order Bucknasty strings he stated they were junk. He said the only good strings were Winners Choice, Crackers, or some guy (I forgot the name) that use to work for Winners Choice. I'm hoping someone may have had both Winners Choice and Bucknasty strings and tell me if there is much of a difference.
    '10 ALIEN X 28.5DL X 70#
    HHA OL 5519
    QAD Pro Hd
    125grn Rage

Post Thanks / Like

I guess your shop guy is entitled to his opinion. Mine is different. I have a set of Winner's Choice on a 2005 ShadowCat that cost me $140. The following year I ran into John Mraz (Bucknasty) and had him make me a set for my 2006 P3. IMO the quality is at least equal and the serving job done by John was even neater than that done by Winner's Choice. And at the time John charged me $80 less than WC, so what do I know.

In both cases the string sets were for Nitrous X systems so it was a string and four cables. I'm soon going to order a set for my 2009 Moab and I'm thinking of going with H&M. I've read favorable reviews on AT and from what I can gather the set would only be about $50 so I figure I'll give them a try.

I've heard a lot about Mike (Crackers) and no doubt he makes good strings, but there are so many that do I just figure the best thing to do is try a few and if they work out then I can recommend them. If not then my review would say something else.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

drayegon

Default How a person talks about others says a lot!

I would have to give some long hard thought to where I shop if the folks there seemed to have many Ill mentions of others. That is one of my reasons for Doing business with this company and these folks on this forum. You I hope will note that not very often do they have any thing derogatory to say about other companies. They do not seem to have to impress folks by bad mouthing others. The person who did mention bad things might have had a bad dealing with the one in question but he might have scored better points had he explained the problem in more detail. Then again he may have just had a bad day. Still I really do like the High tone that the folks on this forum set for all of us. I like to think that the lady who owns this company is the best reason for this attitude for the people who work here.

Just my nickels worth what with inflation ya know!

dray

navydave

Default strings

Check out my guy, his strings are first class all the way and you won't beat his prices, I've had winners choice and a few other brands and they don't got anything on his strings and he's a Martin Dealer so he knows your bow, you can even have him custom make them as to how much serving you have on it. I had him make my wife some with just enough serving to put a d-loop on, gained a couple FPS there over what the stock string had. Here's his websight
    www.extremebowstrings.com

buckslayr

Default strings

I just started shooting Martin so I haven't replaced the strings yet, but I have had several sets for my Mathews and for friends bows and Bucknasty is a real top quality string, this is the string I go with when I need a new one. you won't be disappointed.JMO/Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drayegon View Post
    I would have to give some long hard thought to where I shop if the folks there seemed to have many Ill mentions of others. That is one of my reasons for Doing business with this company and these folks on this forum. You I hope will note that not very often do they have any thing derogatory to say about other companies. They do not seem to have to impress folks by bad mouthing others. The person who did mention bad things might have had a bad dealing with the one in question but he might have scored better points had he explained the problem in more detail. Then again he may have just had a bad day. Still I really do like the High tone that the folks on this forum set for all of us. I like to think that the lady who owns this company is the best reason for this attitude for the people who work here.

Just my nickels worth what with inflation ya know!

dray
    dray,

What are you trying to convey? That we are a just a bunch of archers helping archers? There isn't much in the way of derogatory statements go on here. It serves no usefull purpose. I guess you can see that we have a decent bunch here.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at http://www.scottsarchery.biz/501.html great folks to deal with, top quality workmanship, good price and quick turnaround time.

SandSquid

Most everybody "serious" at my local range raves about America's Best... From what I've seen, they are decent strings.

I roll my own for pennies on the dollar.

Big Ben 75

I have a set of america's best on my bowtech and Ranger's on my firecat both are great strings.