Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3d

xtracker

Default 3d

Why do you not see more Martins at 3d shoots than you do? I shoot a few ASA's a year and most of the time can count the number of Martins that I see on one hand.

xxx
    Post Thanks / Like

Because only the really SMART people shoot Martin..

Was that my outside voice?

Post Thanks / Like

Because most 3-D shooters are hunters, and with Mathews's advertizing that's all you are going to see. Plus the other bow companies droped a lot of the lesser known shooters and they were picked up by Mathews. So it seems as thought everybody is shooting Mathews.

Robert
    Cougar Shooter

Jack NZ

Don't know about anywhere else,but in NZ most of the really good shooters get Hoyt bows almost given to them by the main hoyt dealer here.
    It doesn't bother the shooters what they shoot, so if some dealer offers them an almost free bow,most of them will take it.
    They don't shoot any better than they would with any other brand,but the dealer gets to say "hoyt wins more"
    I have a friend that shoots a Hoyt at 3D to keep the dealer that gave it to him happy,but he still shoots his Martin recurve in the bush.
    Go figure huh !!

k-scroghan

Quote Originally Posted by Jack NZ
    Don't know about anywhere else,but in NZ most of the really good shooters get Hoyt bows almost given to them by the main hoyt dealer here.
    It doesn't bother the shooters what they shoot, so if some dealer offers them an almost free bow,most of them will take it.
    They don't shoot any better than they would with any other brand,but the dealer gets to say "hoyt wins more"
    I have a friend that shoots a Hoyt at 3D to keep the dealer that gave it to him happy,but he still shoots his Martin recurve in the bush.
    Go figure huh !!
    I would definately agree with that......same way here.

McArcher

Default 3D and Martin bows!

Counting Martin bows on one hand at 3D events will soon be changing! You will soon see alot more Martins and Rytera bows on the 3D courses than you use to. I myself will be at the ASA shoots and several more Martin shooters will also. They are great bows and preform well at 3D, Spots and Field. Along with making great hunting bows! With the cam systems available on the Martin/Rytera lines of bows. You basically can have a bow built to do just about anything extremely well!!!

PLASTIC PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by selil
    Because only the really SMART people shoot Martin..

Was that my outside voice?
    and most of them don't like shooting in the rain.....There i go again speaking when I'm thinking.....

cb671

Quote Originally Posted by PLASTIC PAUL
    and most of them don't like shooting in the rain.....There i go again speaking when I'm thinking.....
    lol Paul ...Today I went Hunting with a Friend and it was raining .... I Put my Bow in the Bed of his truck on top of some firewood and as he was putting his bow inside the rear cab of his truck and he says...*It's Raining are you gonna put your bow inside..I said No need to...*It's a Martin lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin -???

I have often raised this question-I have been waiting for 20 yr ? There are a whole lot of shooters in the east that dont have shirts or hats but get the job done with martins at spots an 3d . Lest get the ball rolling .

cboutin

I think to many people follow the heard ,they don't know what to buy, don't try different bows, they go in to a pro shop with an opinion from a friend and don't try other brands out . I have been in a buch of shops were someone will come in with a friend and pick bows of for them bashing brands that they have never owned or shot. Then that mentality gets passed on .
    I for one started with a Martin and tryed several "other" company's and have always come bacK to Martin. I may not have the most popular bow at our local shoots but I don't seem to have a problem beating the others just about every week