Thread: Wow, what a Bow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow, what a Bow!!

Hey everyone, I bought a 09' Firecat a couple of weeks ago and since I've been trying to break it in and get accustomed to it. Honestly, at first I thought I wasn't going to like it. I thought I liked my Cheetah better and was more accurate with it. But then from advise from Bfisher I went to Archery Talk and searched Cat Cam Timing. I found a very interesting article and after reading I began timing the cams and the dl and draw stop, and all I can say now is WOW!!! I can't believe how adjustable these cams are. I'm shooting 70# at 65%let-off and it is as smooth as my M-Pro Cheetah. My groups out to forty yards are scary. I don't even like to shoot groups anymore because of fletching damage. I've got new strings on the way (Bucknasty's) and I'm alittle worried about putting them on because I don't want to change anything. The only complaint I have with the bow is the quality of the serving on the strings & cables. They seem to come loose. Over all the bow is great and I am very glad I chose to stay with Martin and I will continue to shoot Martin for as long as they continue to manufacture bows of this quality. Thank You Martin!
    '10 ALIEN X 28.5DL X 70#
    HHA OL 5519
    QAD Pro Hd
    125grn Rage

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found the thred about timing the cams. Sorry I couldn't post the link before as I get so involved in this stuff I forget a lot of stuff. Now that I've given you the information maybe it's about time I did that to my own bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

Congratulations! glad you like it.

I shoot seperate spots at all times now. Its not worth the $$$ for new arrows to shoot new groups. I found that out the hard way.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Could you post the link again? A lot of us 09 FC owners would be interested in info on cam timing tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Archerytalk and in the General discussion section put this in the search: Martin Cat Cam-Optimum Settings-Advice-Questions this is the best info I have found on Cat Cam timing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks HotRod - Lots of info there !