Thread: Martin limb question

wildeboer

Default Martin limb question

My 2007 Cheeta's upper limb cracked last year and I have just received my replacement limbs from my supplier.
    The question now is, when did Martin started to make the limbs round where they fit into the limb-pocket?? The cracked limbs was square where they fit into the pocket and the replacement limbs are now rounded, otherwise the measurements are exactly the same.
    The reason I ask is because I doubt the credibility of my supplier.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they'll fit, but there'll be holes, which won't look very pretty. As far as i know the new rounded limbs are made since this year. Your bow will be as good as before, just won't look exactly the same.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Martin started rounding the butt ends for 2009 primarily to make better aesthetics for those bows using the Roto-cup. Other than that the limbs are the same. True, it makes them look a little wierd when put into a regular limb pocket, but both round butt and square butt are functionally the same.

So in answer to your reservations the difference is not with your supplier. It's with Martin.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

oktx

I have an 07 Bengal with rounded limbs it doesn't look too bad. I also have 08 Moab that will soon have rounded limbs, but it is the roto-cup so it will look fine. Camo pattern will also be different.
    Last edited by oktx; 05-29-2009 at 07:30 PM.

RogerSr

this is my 2008 Leopard with 2009 rounded limbs on it here you can see how it looks.IMG_5289.jpg

wildeboer

Default Supplier

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Martin started rounding the butt ends for 2009 primarily to make better aesthetics for those bows using the Roto-cup. Other than that the limbs are the same. True, it makes them look a little wierd when put into a regular limb pocket, but both round butt and square butt are functionally the same.

So in answer to your reservations the difference is not with your supplier. It's with Martin.
    No, I mean with the supplier, I already showed him the cracked limb last year June and I only received my new limbs on the 28th May this year. He is 500miles from me and I made a special trip to him. A week ago he suddenly phoned and said he is sending the new limbs, took him almost a year.

oktx

Yeah, I think you may have a problem with your dealer.

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by oktx View Post
    Yeah, I think you may have a problem with your dealer.
    Being is South Africa, they pretty much have him by the b@lls.... Can't see there can be too many Martin dealers.

You might consider dealing directly w/ Martin in the future

oktx

Quote Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
    Being is South Africa, they pretty much have him by the b@lls.... Can't see there can be too many Martin dealers.

You might consider dealing directly w/ Martin in the future
    I understand it might be tough to get stuff done being in SA. A year to get new limbs? He could have carried them on foot faster.

wildeboer

Default Martin direct

I did send Martin 2 emails with no reply, overseas telephone books is a little scarce here. We want to rely on the local suppliers and support them for economical reasons, if they only would realize that