Thread: best Martin for fita

tracypeckinpaugh

Default best Martin for fita

I would like to know the recomendation of what would be the best to shoot fita outdoors with
    bo can't be over 60# but still must reach 90M
    Thanks

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by tracypeckinpaugh View Post
    I would like to know the recomendation of what would be the best to shoot fita outdoors with
    bo can't be over 60# but still must reach 90M
    Thanks
    I know a few ladies shooting FITA w/ Martin Mystics

flytier17

I personally don't shoot a lot of FITA, but if I did, I would get a Scepter IV with 16" straight limbs and Nitrous X cams.

The Scepter IV is your base riser for a very forgiving target bow, with the vertical limb design, and the grip, profile, and deflection. the Mystic will be similar, but more for a smaller archer due to its lesser size.

The 16" limbs (no longer made), may be hard to find, but they give the Scepter a real boost over the 17" recurved Elite limbs, and the bow has less jump too. 14" mag limbs will too, but they will result in a shorter bow, maybe 38", with less BH too, and less forgiving. Probably not good for you unless you are a shorter draw smaller statured archer.

The Nitrous cams (also no longer made) will give you 10 fps over the Furious cams, and have a smoother draw too, making it a bit easier to reach out at 90M and have sufficient speed to cause the arrow to be less succeptible to wind and other variables. getting "X" mods for the Nitrous cams will give you a bow where all the torque is eliminated from the rigging, and the energy is inherently centralized.

Alec

supernova

I've shot my S4 with 50 lbs limbs out to 130 yards...............It wasn't pretty at that distance, but I was hitting the bale

The S4 or Mystic would be my choice