Thread: What type of Bow I have and is it ready for shooting?

upman

Default What type of Bow I have and is it ready for shooting?

Hello,

I just received a bow made by Martin Archery. It's called Monster Buck Hunter, 30", 60lb. Anyway, it seems as a complete package also with a stamp that says "Assembled by Geremy Aichele".

So, I have basically 2 questions:

a) what type of bow is this as I cannot find at at your web. I would like to have an electronics manual
    b) is the bow completely setup for shooting, e.g. can I go directly to the field and start practicing?

This is my first compound bow so I don't want to damage it and my retailer is quite far away from here, Prague, The Czech Republic.

Thank you for your advices and hello to US!
    Cheers

Petr

SandSquid

The monster Buck Hunter is made for Dick's Sporting Goods.
    It's most likely a leopard or cheetah based bow... good shooting bows, we have both a leopard and a Cheetah in our personal collection.

Take a look here for manuals and specs:
    http://www.martinarchery.com/pastspecs.php

Post Thanks / Like

Upman, greetings from Bulgaria! On your second question- you can't go directly to the field.Here are the reasons : 1.if you have a peep sight i'm almost sure that it is not secured(tied), so you must fit it to your measures and then tie it 2.Unless your draw lenght is 30", you won't feel comfortable shooting the bow, so you must adjust the DL using the moduals (the plastic things, usually named F-1,2,3,4,etc. ) If you are completely new to compound bows i can recommend you to find the website bowtuningtips.com-there you'll find some great videos which will help you a lot. (Also check the YouTube.)
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows