Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: manual for cougar 2000

bigbob

Default manual for cougar 2000

Does anyone have a link I can go to to find an online manual for a 2000 cougar elite? Really need info on bow to do an overhaul, and some particulars on bow. It is fitted with a fuzion cam .I am in australia.
    ________
    vaporizers
    Last edited by bigbob; 01-20-2011 at 11:55 AM.

DDawg

This will take you to the 2001 bow specs (Elite is the "XRG"):
    http://www.martinarchery.com/chart/2...bow_specs.html

This will take you to the Fuzion cam/string specs:
    http://www.martinarchery.com/chart/2...od-string.html

Hope this helps.
    Dave

bigbob

Default cougar manual

thanks for that info Dave, though i do have it already. As an old fogey just returning to bows after a decade or more away, I am on a steep learning curve with the newer bows, so am hoping for some "hands on info re assembly -dis assembly, parts, options etc. I guess I mean an old fashioned manual in what ever format , paper or down loaded. Thanks, Bigbob
    ________
    Yamaha Diversion

bigbob

Default limbs on cougar elite.

Know there has been previous threads on limb designation but still find it confusing. As the sticker has faded on my cougar 2000 the only information i have is the limbs being marked 7h, Know the h is for heavy but what about the 7? Still looking for a manual too. bigbob
    ________
    Honda 599

bigbob

Default string for cougar

hi again,
    Still no luck with manual or limb poundage but another question would 452x be suitable for string and cables or the cougar. I am a finger shooter.
    ________
    iolite vaporizer
    Last edited by bigbob; 01-20-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not only well versed in Scepters but also Cougars. Tell us every thing you have...don't leave nothing out and also tell us every thing you want to know and we will get you fixed up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    I am not only well versed in Scepters but also Cougars. Tell us every thing you have...don't leave nothing out and also tell us every thing you want to know and we will get you fixed up.
    With a faded sticker you might also try something. Turn the limb bolts all the way in and weigh the bow. It'll give some idea of the weight range with those 7H limbs.

Don't know how much tinkering or tearing-down you might have done in the past but there isn't anything magical about these more modern bows. Take a good look and you see a riser, a couple limbs, some wheels and string/cables. The basics haven't changed for a very long time. Only the materials used and design of risers and wheels (cams).
    Therefore, they aren't that hard to work on.

Having said that I think I may have been doing this for too long. I remember laminated wood/glass limbs, steel cables, round plastic wheels and 20% letoff among other things. In all these years the basic design hasn't changed.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

bigbob

Default cougar

.Thanks sceptreman and bfisher I really do appreciate your replies. All I know about the bow is that it is a 2000 cougar elite [xrg} with 17'' limbs and Fuzion cam It had a F3 module that I changed to F5 'cause i have a 32'' draw I can read string length @106'' and cable @ 45'' Cant decipher poundage on sticker.Things I need to know what string material is suitable.What is the amount of string twists normally applied, taking ata length into consideration when applying twists. I have a photo to check cam setting. Would like an exploded diagram of cam and axles showing any shims etc. I did muck around quite a bit with bows in a previous life and still shoot a Hoyt Impala with hatchet cams and about 30% letoff It must be well over 20 years . I got this bow to update a bit and it is kind on fingers. Bigbob
    ________
    buy easy vape

Post Thanks / Like

With the bow being one of modern materials I would think that any of the new "fastflight" materials could be used. BCY 452X seems to be one of the more stable materials used these days. Then there is BCY 8125 which gives a couple more speed.

I wouldn't worry about the twists in a string. If you should order new rigging the stringmaker would have the correct amount of twists in the string to make it the correct length. You can always add or subtract a couple to align a peep or otherwise tweak the bow a little, but things should be pretty close just out of the packaging. That being said, most custom strings I've seen or used had a twist rate of about 1 complete twist per 1 1/2" of string length.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

bigbob

Default cougar string.

Thanks for your input bfisher , appreciate it. will go with 456x on harness.
    ________
    VTX1800C