Thread: CCS on a 09 cheetah?

skoty69

Default CCS on a 09 cheetah?

what modification do i have to do to the bow to install this? im looking at the bowturbow and am wondering what the difference is with this and the martin CCS besides the $40?? i have my DL set at 27.5" and the cam is slightly off (not sitting fully flat on string) like its advanced a little. my dealer said id have to get the string twisted up to bring it back to "specs". i adjusted the draw all the way from 26-28 and back down myself and am finally feeling comfortable with my anchor. im trying to get more speed out of the bow. it came from the factory at 65lbs and the limbs had a couple of more turns to get bottomed out. i assumed the limbs were marked wrong. after abt 500 shots i bottomed out the limbs and had it check now its at 63lbs with 60lbs limbs marked 3L. will i have to get new strings and or get it "tuned" after the CCS? and it seems to shoot very loud, my bosses 13yo hoyt sounds the same as my 09bow. he has no silencers or limbjacks or what not on it. just very loud. it seemed to quiet down a bit then right back to where i was when i first got it, noisy and noticeable shock. maybe im just expecting too much?? dunno. shoots very accurate though. happy with that.

navydave

Quote Originally Posted by skoty69 View Post
    what modification do i have to do to the bow to install this? im looking at the bowturbow and am wondering what the difference is with this and the martin CCS besides the $40?? i have my DL set at 27.5" and the cam is slightly off (not sitting fully flat on string) like its advanced a little. my dealer said id have to get the string twisted up to bring it back to "specs". i adjusted the draw all the way from 26-28 and back down myself and am finally feeling comfortable with my anchor. im trying to get more speed out of the bow. it came from the factory at 65lbs and the limbs had a couple of more turns to get bottomed out. i assumed the limbs were marked wrong. after abt 500 shots i bottomed out the limbs and had it check now its at 63lbs with 60lbs limbs marked 3L. will i have to get new strings and or get it "tuned" after the CCS? and it seems to shoot very loud, my bosses 13yo hoyt sounds the same as my 09bow. he has no silencers or limbjacks or what not on it. just very loud. it seemed to quiet down a bit then right back to where i was when i first got it, noisy and noticeable shock. maybe im just expecting too much?? dunno. shoots very accurate though. happy with that.
    How heavy are your arrows, if they are too light, this can cause some unwanted noise and do you have a string tamer on it, if not, get one, well worth the money. I don't feel they CCS is worth the trouble, only way it will add more speed is by adding preload and thus draw weight, might smooth the bow out a little, but if you put on one and max out your limbs, you will be drawing closer to 68 to 69lbs give or take a little. Then if you do add the CCS and it just basically bolts on, you might want to get the portion of your string and cable that routes through it served. You definetely will want to get that cam timed though.

goodwrench19

Default ccs

i just got a 09 bengal and installed the ccs gained exactly the 5 lbs of draw weight that they say didnt have to change anything with the cam timing very smooth drawing was alittle upset about the speed no where close to the 318 that martin says it should be and this is with 350 grain arrows and the bowjacks that they have in them are no good. just had one fly out of the string this weekend half way thru a 40 target 3 d shoot. but i would say the ccs is worth it.

skoty69

Default thanks

yeah i think i am going to get the ccs and as for the noise i shot about 100 arrows through the bow with the bow jacks that come on the bow and then took em off and shot again. no difference at all. limb jacks then added still no change. put on a my bosses 16 oz 12" stabilizer and that made a huge difference in feel. put my limbsaver 5" stabilizer no difference than without it. i hope the sts quiets the bow down, and i hope the ccs isnt gonna cause me alot of problems. i like the accuracy for sure i put 12 arrows in about 14" at 80 yards in heavy wind so im pretty stoked about that. at 40 yards im deadly i think, tearing up my vanes at that range and broke a couple of nocks. as for the arrow weight im not sure. i have beeman ics bowhunters 500 7.3gpi cut at 28" with a 100gr field tip and i have 2" low profile vanes prolly abt 1/2" tall. my archery shop said these would be good since im maxed out at 63 lbs. i asked about going to 68lbs and he said it should be fine. what do you guys think?

spiderhd99

Default Same issue but for a Bengal

Quote Originally Posted by skoty69 View Post
    yeah i think i am going to get the ccs and as for the noise i shot about 100 arrows through the bow with the bow jacks that come on the bow and then took em off and shot again. no difference at all. limb jacks then added still no change. put on a my bosses 16 oz 12" stabilizer and that made a huge difference in feel. put my limbsaver 5" stabilizer no difference than without it. i hope the sts quiets the bow down, and i hope the ccs isnt gonna cause me alot of problems. i like the accuracy for sure i put 12 arrows in about 14" at 80 yards in heavy wind so im pretty stoked about that. at 40 yards im deadly i think, tearing up my vanes at that range and broke a couple of nocks. as for the arrow weight im not sure. i have beeman ics bowhunters 500 7.3gpi cut at 28" with a 100gr field tip and i have 2" low profile vanes prolly abt 1/2" tall. my archery shop said these would be good since im maxed out at 63 lbs. i asked about going to 68lbs and he said it should be fine. what do you guys think?
    Just purchased an 09 Bengal and ordered the STS and CCS to be installed... Well they forgot it, but sent me the items after I called. The STS install...piece of cake... Quiets the bow immensely. I haven't installed the CCS yet, and I'm a little concerned about the additional draw weight. I noticed on the packaging that a 1/2" longer split string would eliminate the additional 5-15# of draw weight I've been reading about.... I even called Martin and spoke to Joel and he confirmed.... 1/2# longer string.... Well with that bit of news, I've decided I would go ahead and install it myself and ordered a bow press... My question is should I take the string (ordered from Martin) and get it served where it will roll through the CCS? Should I get the power string served as well? I've looked at every example online (pictures) and not a single Pro Martin has the string served going through the CCS. The CCS rolls pretty freely and that may be the design aspect to eliminate the need of the serving. What say the wise ones....??

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about the wise ones, but i would serve it. In the matter of fact i wouldn't put the CCS(prefer the things simple), but nevermind
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows