Thread: Installing string?

Coop

Default Installing string?

I'm trying to put on some new custom strings & cable(Little John Strings).. I got the cables on..but having problem getting the shooting string on.. the length of the shooting string is very close to what its suppose to be(61")...but I can't get it over the cams(to short)... what I'm I doing wrong??? I've taken the limbs off & put the string on that way..but can't get the limb bolt to screw back in, because of the string... please help..

Thanks,
    Coop

Coop

Default Ok, I got the string on...

my ata is good, but my brace height is long(8.5")... I need 8" brace height..what do I need to do to get down to 8" brace height?

Thanks in advance,
    Coop

Post Thanks / Like

Take one of the cables off its track on the cam end...put the string on first then rotate the cam and put the cable back on its track. If the cams are rotated correctly you need to lengthen the A/A. What is the A/A; what cams do you have; what bow etc.
    Last edited by scepterman30x; 06-10-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Coop

Default Scepterman,

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Take one of the cables off its track on the cam end...put the string on first then rotate the cam and put the cable back on its track. If the cams are rotated correctly you need to lengthen the A/A. What is the A/A; what cams do you have; what bow etc.
    I did what you said...it worked! Thanks...
    I have a S4 Elite(2009), dual furious cams(XL), Large mods, 31.5 draw... My ata is right on the money(43.75"),,, how do I check brace height? From string to where? Anything I need to check, please advise....

Thanks much,
    Coop

Coop

Default Oopps,

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I did what you said...it worked! Thanks...
    I have a S4 Elite(2009), dual furious cams(XL), Large mods, 31.5 draw... My ata is right on the money(43.75"),,, how do I check brace height? From string to where? Anything I need to check, please advise....

Thanks much,
    Coop
    I meant to say my ATA is 43.25", not 43.75"... sorry....

Coop

Default Scepterman,

My brace height is showing 7.75"....(I need 8")... what do I need to do to get to 8" brace height? (or anyone)
    My ata is right on at 43.25"...

Thanks,
    Coop

navydave

Default Brace

Where are you measuring BH at, I'm not the best string twister, but seems like if your ATA is what it's supposed to be, your BH should be right there too. Just out of curiosity, explain exactly where you are measuring from for both your ATA and BH? For me on ATA I meausure from bottom of both axle pins and I measure it on both sides, this help's eliminate cam lean. Then for BH I use a bow square and measure from inside edge of shooting string to deepest portion of the grip throat where the webbing between thumb and index finger rests when gripping the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

If your A/A is dead on and you have the cams possitioned correctly you have done all you can do. The BH especially is not set in stone especially if they have different sizes of the same cam...similar to the way the do BH when they describe the NOS A,B or C cam; they just give you an avg. I would just set the draw length an shoot it.