Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back the nitrous cam! Please!

jhunt414

Default Bring Back the nitrous cam! Please!

As a target shooter the nitrous cam was the best cam ever developed for these reasons. The string travels down the center. Both cams are the same shape. I can adjust my cam lean. Available with or without the x system. It is fast. It has a rock solid wall with a non radiused wall and a short valley perfect for perfect back tension. The nitrous cam should continue to be offered along with the fury cam which is quite the polar oposite of the nitrous cam. Everyone who wants a slow off center mushy cam can get the fury, while people like me can get my nitrous cam. I don't mean change the CAT around to work with the elite limbed bows, I mean bring back the greatest cam ever created in the history of archery. It will help your sales too. The nitrous cam is even better than the CAT cam for paralel limb bows and, all holding weight equal, faster too. The cat has to have a one inch shorter brace height to get the same speeds plus the thing is like the leaning tower of piza and there is nothing you can do. The only thing going for it is the adjustable draw stop, which I like for hunting. It is also the only way that martin got its speeds with it, (32 inch mod @ 30 inch wall) egh no let off egh. At least the valley is short and solid, unlike the fury cam with its radiused wall and one inch long section of holding weight so you never know where your at in the valley. So until the nitrous cam comes back or a better cam is created my target bows will always wear nitrous cams. My scores and reputation won't ride on anything less. I mean they only helped me win a FITA world championship. I love my Phantom II and Shadowcat.

Post Thanks / Like

Putting it short and sweet, YOu're not alone in your thinking.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with the nitrous cam, but everybody here says it's the best.So my idea is instead of writing in different threads, why don't we start a petition here? If many of us subscribe, may be Martin will decide to bring the nitrous back. Barry, you are a Martin Staff Shooter and moderator, i think that you and Elk4me must start it.
    Last edited by alex; 06-27-2009 at 04:45 AM.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

davydtune

Bring it back, please!

Desmond

Thumbs up

NOS rule!!

SandSquid

In the past year I've managed to score 4 sets of Nitrous A cams and X-Modules, and they are NOT FOR SALE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If these nitrous cams were so great, and popular, why did Martin Stop making them?? i have only shot one bow a few times with these cams and can honestly say it has the best feel out of any other bow out there, quiet, shock free, and blazing fast...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Add the Cougar Magnum to the list also.

I'm a huge fan of the Nitrous Cam. My Cougar Magnum breaks 290fps with my hunting arrows with broadheads attached. It's so accurate that I make the "Mathews Boys" in my neck of the woods cry over the weight-loss in their pockets. I was foolish enough to buy a Mathews LX and a Switchback before I went back to my old Martin Cougar Magnum. I'm glad there's enough Outdoor Network zombies out there to unload those Mathews' on.

I'm gonna buy another Martin this year I just can't make up my mind. Stuck between Warthog and Firecat. Wouldn't be an issue if one had Nitrous Cams. It's sad not to see the Cougar Magnum in a Martin Line-up.

Elk4me

Not a huge fan of the Nitrious cams , but wanted to bump this thread to get the spam off the front page!

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by Elk4me View Post
    Not a huge fan of the Nitrious cams
    Sorry, I cannot be your friend anymore after making a blasphemous statement like that!