Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bring Back the nitrous cam! Please!

masterofthese

Default CAMS AND Opinions

I agree the Nitrous cams are good, but everyone has a different bow/cam combination that they prefer. I am actually more accurate with an old Fred Bear compound than with any of these new paralell limb bows. However, its slow, loud, and has about 20% letoff. I shoot carbon arrows from it, and get 250 fps with muzzy MX3 100 grains. Archery is a tradeoff. If you like the Nitrous cams, get the new Martin scepter - it is most accurate bow I have ever seen, and since its so long (like my old Fred Bear) and has the shoot thru cables, it is easy to see why. Again, archery is a tradeoff. You want more speed, you sacrifice accuracy. You want more accuracy, you sacrifice speed. It sucks, but thats how it is. You want broadheads to fly like field points, but mechanicals lose energy on impact. Fixed blades are a pain to tune, unless you use a heavy arrow. You can see where I am going with this..... I think all of you are right.... but its easy to get caught up in an argument over what works perfectly for you. I respect your opinions...

Just for you guys - PLEASE MAKE THE NITROUS CAMS AVAILABLE, and give these guys what they need to compete!

I can't wait to get the new Firecat! I hope it is a good balance of speed and accuracy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masterofthese View Post
    I agree the Nitrous cams are good, but everyone has a different bow/cam combination that they prefer. I am actually more accurate with an old Fred Bear compound than with any of these new paralell limb bows. However, its slow, loud, and has about 20% letoff. I shoot carbon arrows from it, and get 250 fps with muzzy MX3 100 grains. Archery is a tradeoff. If you like the Nitrous cams, get the new Martin scepter - it is most accurate bow I have ever seen, and since its so long (like my old Fred Bear) and has the shoot thru cables, it is easy to see why. Again, archery is a tradeoff. You want more speed, you sacrifice accuracy. You want more accuracy, you sacrifice speed. It sucks, but thats how it is. You want broadheads to fly like field points, but mechanicals lose energy on impact. Fixed blades are a pain to tune, unless you use a heavy arrow. You can see where I am going with this..... I think all of you are right.... but its easy to get caught up in an argument over what works perfectly for you. I respect your opinions...

Just for you guys - PLEASE MAKE THE NITROUS CAMS AVAILABLE, and give these guys what they need to compete!

I can't wait to get the new Firecat! I hope it is a good balance of speed and accuracy!
    lol there is a broadhead...Slick Tricks will do it for you, field point accuracy to 60 yards so far for me lol but i know where your going with this, most people are going back to the smoother solocam bows because they are easier to shoot, but they are also willing to sacrifice that speed...good point though

RogerSr

The fact is that all the older bows were dual cam, the solocam has only been popular for tha last few years, now it's going back to the dual cams, very few of the new bows that are hot sellers are solocam