Thread: Martin dependability?

Unregistered

Question Martin dependability?

First year bow hunter last year ,I have a (older)martin saber bow, I recently had the limbs replaced with the round pocket limbs from the newer bows. They seem to in place ok, but it just dosent feel right, should I be worried? the string seems to be out of line with cam & wheel. the closest "dealer" to me seems like he ought to be selling cars, not working on bows. any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to be brief. Sounds like you have what we refer to as "cam lean". You can correct it, but only with the top idler wheel.

You need to remove tension from the limbs and remove the right side cable yoke from the limb tip (right handed bow). Add some twists to that yoke and reinstall it and see how it lines up. An easy way to check it is to hold an arrow to the side of the idler along the string. The two should run parallel.

The process is mostly trial and error, but I often start out with 5-6 twists and have added as many as 16twists with one bow.

A bow press is handy for this, but if you don't have one you can just back out the limb bolts till the rigging is slightly slack.

Don't worry about the rounded limb butts. Won't hurt a thing.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver