Thread: original specs for a Maverick?

southerngirl

Question original specs for a Maverick?

My hubby has one of these and was ondering what the specs were supposed to be? Also what years was this bow made?

southerngirl

Anybody??

Mr Mnemonic

Assuming the Maverick you enquire about is a "Darton" (I know of no other, but could be wrong)
    The first Maverick (with CPS) was built in around 1996, the bow has had only subtle changes since, other than the CPS cam, which evolved fairly dramatically after its first incarnation. The Spec's, ie axle to axle and brace height are pretty much the same throughout.
    The Darton website list all the specs for this and other bows back for about 5 years. if you search there you will find all the info you need. Note; you will need the part number engraved into the cam to figure out which series of CPS cam is on your hubbies bow.

Goodluck

southerngirl

NO, Martin made the Maverick first.

Bob Freitas

Default Old Faithful Maverick 3d

I'm also trying to get some original model information on an old Maverick 3D Pro Series bow that I still like to shoot. It looks like it has tracer or z type cams on it and brass pegs to mount the string. I shoot it with a Martin adjustable long overdraw and the bow is very fast and accurate although heavy. I like the hardwood grip and riser design. I am looking for information on how to modernize the bow so that I can use it more frequently. does Martin have any upgrade options for owners of old bows? thanks

southerngirl

My husband has converted his over to a X System. He put newer limbs and Fury X cams on it.