Thread: Arrow Length-Quiver

RobD

Exclamation Arrow Length-Quiver

I Have a 09 Firehawk,my draw is 29-,i put my old Quiver from my PSE on ,Quiky Quiver,now my new Bows ATA is 29 3/4 n my arrows extend way past the bottom of the bow,So basically i have to get a new quiver that has adjustments so i can center my arrows in the bow,any suggestions on a Quiver that will suit me,also how short can i go with my arrow length,without having any other issues. So it will be close to my ATA length

fxdwgkd

I have the exact same question. I was looking at the new Martin super quivers. It looks like they have several different mounting holes on them. If you go to the on-line catalog they are not the same as in the 2010 catalog.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    I Have a 09 Firehawk,my draw is 29-,i put my old Quiver from my PSE on ,Quiky Quiver,now my new Bows ATA is 29 3/4 n my arrows extend way past the bottom of the bow,So basically i have to get a new quiver that has adjustments so i can center my arrows in the bow,any suggestions on a Quiver that will suit me,also how short can i go with my arrow length,without having any other issues. So it will be close to my ATA length
    Alpine archery has a quiver with a rubber mount that slides up or down between 2 rails. The rubber mount also acts as a vibration dampener. You might check it out on their websight.

Post Thanks / Like

The Alpine Soft-Loc might be something that will help, but be aware that this is a natural problem with such short bows. The higher you mount the quiver toward the top wheel (cam) the more top heavy the bow is going to be. If the balance gets too far out of whack you may end up with other shooting problems.

Just one of the other details to take into account when choosing a bow. Shorter is not always better.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

RobD

Thank for all the Info,didn't even think about the balance problem that can accure,Going to look in the catalog,seen a two piece perminet Quiver,have to look into balance ,thanks everyone u have be very helpful..

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what happens to my brain sometimes and I apologize for it. I just assume that most people want a detachable quiver. There are a couple options for you if you don't mind a a two piece quiver.

Being a guy that doesn't shoot with a quiver on most of the time I forgot to mention that I have a Wildman 5 two piece quiver. Of course I've never had it on a bow. If I did mount it I would only carry three arrows. That's the reason I chose this one in the first place. Five slots for 3 arrows lets me spread them out so no fletching rubs each other.

It's not what I'd call compact, but it's not large either and because it mounts directly to the riser it does not throw the center of balance off as much. It's an easy mount as it comes with the standoffs and bolts to mount if right to the barrel nuts in the riser. It's pretty slick and solid as a brick.

About the only issue you might have with it is getting arrow shafts to clear a sight that sticks out pretty far, such as the single pin adjustables. Think before you buy.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

RobD

Thanks guys for the help,BFISHER, thats so funny bought that exact Quiver today,just read your reply,,,took your advise about the balance reply u left ,makes no noise what so ever, and has my arrow pretty center with my bow,just what i was looking for..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    Thanks guys for the help,BFISHER, thats so funny bought that exact Quiver today,just read your reply,,,took your advise about the balance reply u left ,makes no noise what so ever, and has my arrow pretty center with my bow,just what i was looking for..
    Good for you. I must say that I fibbed just a bit above. I did have the quiver mounted on my Moab just to check it out, but I never shot the bow with the quiver on nor did I ever hunt with either the quiver or the bow. The quiver is just another one of those things filling up my "miscellanious" drawer.

I think my hunting days are coming to a close (getting old) so I'll keep it another year or two just in case I change my mind.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

RobD

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Good for you. I must say that I fibbed just a bit above. I did have the quiver mounted on my Moab just to check it out, but I never shot the bow with the quiver on nor did I ever hunt with either the quiver or the bow. The quiver is just another one of those things filling up my "miscellanious" drawer.

I think my hunting days are coming to a close (getting old) so I'll keep it another year or two just in case I change my mind.
    Ohh man,never to old my friend,its just keeping yourself motivated,I love to hunt deer ,killed 3 this year 1 with my new bow,hee hee,but i like to hit the woods just to get away from everything,[wife] don't tell she'll kill me ,Its just very nice to be in a tranquil place.keep your head up my friend and thanks for all the support..