Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about beaver hunt

Youre a Loser

Default Question about beaver hunt

Hallo,

itīs me again from europe.

I got a big problem and just wanna ask around.

I shot a beaver last saturday with my martin saber and my own line set up. After about 15 seconds i tried to pull it slowely to the riverside. BUT Then my arrow was broken!

Iīve seen the beaver swimming at the lake parallel to the riverside. It swam really irregluar. It dived for 5 meters and then had to come back to the survey to breath. After about 40 meters it swam to the riverside and i couldn't see it anywere. It also wasn't possible for me to take another shot cause off the vegetation. I searched for it for 3 hourse from outside AND from inside the water but wasn't able to find it.

I'm really sure I hit it at its lungs. I read that a beaver is able to dive for about 20 minutes at dangerous situations.

Question: Is it possible that it can swim this range after hit AT LUNGS?????

Realy thanks for answers. Sorry for my bad english.

Greatings

Post Thanks / Like

loser - I'm shocked...

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't the beavers protected by the law? As far as i know you must not kill them in Europe. A little poaching?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Youre a Loser

Hi man,

they are not protected everywhere in europe.

And a small question to SPIKER: Why are you shocked. **** can happen and i'am not amused about it. I used my line-set-up earlier and it worked well.

If you think that i did it wilful you are false.

The last days i got back and searched again. Now for about 5 hourse without any sign.

Show me only one hunter who does the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read carefuly your post - i'm afraid you've missed your victim and that's why your arrow is broken and there's no sign of the beaver. If you have hit the animal, its body would have absorbed the shock and the arrow wouldn't be broken. The only other option is the body is stuck on the bottom of the river.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Youre a Loser

Hi Alex,

sure that could be but i've seen the impact. I'm really sure that i hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Then it must be on the bottom

Post Thanks / Like

From your first post I am thinking that you built your own bow fishing rig for your bow and use it to shoot beavers so you can drag them out of the water. Is this a type of hunting that people over in Europe practice? What type of arrows do you use? What do you do with the beavers after you get them?

Youre a Loser

Jep that's right, i built my own rig.

But thats not the way every european hunts. My rig is createt to fit on a carbon arrow. And i'am fishing too, so that i think to be able to create a Line-Rig. What do you do after you hunted something?

Maybe some people "throw" the hunted animals away. But not me.

My arrow. Was a 500 grain arrow. 60 pound martin saber. Like i said before:

I already hunted successfully. The thing i was asking for was **** that can happen.

Just a small question and you think that i'am unable to hunt????

Are you perfect? Did you ever make a mistake?

Post Thanks / Like

i think a more appropriate, or useful term on this forum should be "stuff", not "****", i dont know about you but i dont think there is any use for swearing on the internet lol, but good luck finding your beaver, if that were me i would've gone for the head or something on small game like that so you wouldnt have this problem