Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: few questions about my new moab

tuneman

Default few questions about my new moab

i just got my new 09 moab and hopefully i will have time this weekend to set it up properly but for the moment i have it shooting ok with a copper john scardy cat.

do the strings normally do this? are they just not good quality or do they need twisting a bit, once the two loose strands dropped down between the ccs rollers

also are they supposed to come with draw stops? it has slots for them but there wasn't any with the bow, i dont need them but i was curious
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stick Bow

Yes, suppose to have a draw stop. I'm not sure about the string. Is There enough tension on string. Can't understand how it could stay seperated like that.

dbd870

I suppose it's personal preference but I would definitely make them get you a draw stop if nothing else if you sell the bow one day the next guy may really want it on there.

tuneman

all the strands are tight except for those two,

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that you are getting quite a bit of wear on the cable and string over the rollers. I would suggest serving it, as I did mine. Also where it rolls over the idler wheel. As for the two loose strands? Poor workmanship on Martin's part. It's possible the thing would stretch out over time and they'd all be even, but I'd also recommend contacting customer service to see if they'll send you a new one. In the meantime serve it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

i bought a new moab this year, and it came with a sts and yours should have to. i got mine from martins online store and couldn't be happier with it. those 2 strands could be broke under the serving somewhere. if the string stretches enough to take up that much slack your cam is going to be out time quite a bit. i would call customer service and get the sts and a new string
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Mark your cam orientation then put about 35 twist in the string (as long as it is it will be hardly noticable) and then if you need to put any in the cable do that. It will compress the string strands and make the bow quieter since ideally the string and cable should be round as it rolls in or on the roller guard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Mark your cam orientation then put about 35 twist in the string (as long as it is it will be hardly noticable) and then if you need to put any in the cable do that. It will compress the string strands and make the bow quieter since ideally the string and cable should be round as it rolls in or on the roller guard.
    The more I look at it the more I agree. It looks like there is not enough twists in the string or the cable. The only thing you might have trouble with is that if the cable and string are too short when twisted enough then the bow specs will be off.

Specs are estimates of what the bow should measure in A2A and brace height. They don't have to be right on.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

twindragon

Ive noticed mine are doing the same thing and the bow is 2 weeks old. Same strings as my cheeta.

tuneman

it dosent give a ata length in the specs but it says 90" for the string, ive put about 10 twists in the shooting string because all the strands were all seperate as they went over the cam.

what does twisting the string affect? does it just shorten the draw length? can i just put a lot of twists in it and put a longer draw modual on?,and what does twisting the y cable do? how does cam orientation effect my bow what should the orientation be?

im kinda new to doing this kind of stuff to my bow never had to worry about it on my old one!

i sent a message to martin about the string but havent got a reply yet