Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchased New 2009 Firecat

eyebowhunt

Thumbs up Purchased New 2009 Firecat

I'm new to the Martin forum today as I just purchased a new "Firecat" yesterday. I just got the bow set up with all the goodies on it and I'm in the process of fine tuning everything. It looks to be a very nice shooting bow with lots of speed. I'll let you know more what I think once I finish sighting it in and shoot it some more. I'll chrono it when I can. I'm shooting 310 grain arrows at 60 lbs. and my draw length is 28". It's probably around the 300 fps I would guess. Love the bow so far...
    Cheers,
    Ron

Troublemaker

Thumbs up

Congratulations! Firecat is a great bow. I bought the Rytera Alien X as it gives me a lot more speed as i'm screwed with a 26" drawlength.!
    With a 450g set at 65# I get 272fps with the Alien. Quite a step up from 233fps with 415g set at 70# with my Cheetha.

Enjoy your new bow!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! My new 2009 Warthog was just delivered yesterday. I was torn between the Firecat the the Warthog. Hope I made the right decision. Can't wait to get it in a deerstand. I may get to leave Iraq in October. Looking forward to trying out the Warthog from a deerstand.

Good luck to you Sir. Hope the Firecat serves you well.

bubbacrabb

Congrats fella's on some good bow choices. I recieved my 09 Moab not so long ago myself. Definetly not the speedster you guys are shooting, but Im bustin knocks with it. I dont think you can go wrong with any of your choices. Firecat, Warthog, and Alien X all sweet bows. Hope all you get a good buck this year, Dirt Dan I hope you get to make it home, thank you for serving our country. What broadheads you fella's shooting? Just curious if any of you guys with super speeds are shootin fixed blades. Ive about had it with mechanicals... lol

Post Thanks / Like

bubbacrab, i shoot a firecat that gets around 292fps, and i use the slicktrick Magnums, accurate so far to 60 yards for me

Post Thanks / Like

"09 FireCat
    60# dw
    29" dl
    50.5gn. on string (including speed nocks)
    396 gn. arrow
    280 fps.

I use GT XT's and 100 gn. Magnus Stingers and they fly just like fieldpoints.

eyebowhunt

Default Martin Firecat

I'm very pleased with my new Firecat. Still have to chrono it... but I'm guessing about 300 fps with my Victory V Force HV V3 400 45/60 Carbon Arrows c/w Slick Trick 100 grain Magnums. Total arrow weight 310 grains. They fly just like my field points and the only pin I had to tweek was the 60 yard pin as the arrow was hitting a shade low. The problem I'm having with this bow was the serving unravelling on the cable and string at the cams. My dealer filed the cams where the problem was and this seemed to help alot. Still waiting to see what Martin is going to do to resolve this problem. Bow season is here and my bow is dialed in and shootin' like a dream !!! I'll post pics. if I get a buck.
    Cheers...

tommyhydro

Default hey guys

im shootin a 2K9 cheetah @ 70lbs/30" with approx 350 gr. arrows and i am drivin tacks at 50 yds. hey dirt dart, hope you make it home soon brother....im USAF and luckily not in the sandbox this season, come out to jersey and i will set you up on some whitetails.

good luck to all this year, 7 days till the opener in NJ

deerstandbuilder

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Congratulations! Firecat is a great bow. I bought the Rytera Alien X as it gives me a lot more speed as i'm screwed with a 26" drawlength.!
    With a 450g set at 65# I get 272fps with the Alien. Quite a step up from 233fps with 415g set at 70# with my Cheetha.

Enjoy your new bow!

Buckmaster Deer Blind Plans are easy to read. They feature full pictures, diagrams, and step-by-step instructions for every part of the stand. Years of trial and error went into figuring out the most optimal way to build a deer blind. The end result of those efforts is a deer stand that is long-lasting and reliable, easy to build, easy to transport, easily customizable, and affordable. What more can you ask for in a deer stand? Please have a look : deer stand plans

DB_43725

Question 09 Warthog

09 Warthog,
    57 lbs,
    300gr.Carbin Fibers 250 Maxama,
    26in. arrows,
    Draw Length 31. in,
    5. in. overdraw,
    peep and loop,
    limb savors,
    321 fps.

I have checked this bow on several different scales and it wont go to 60 lbs.
    Is their any adj to get the other 3lbs out of it ?
    Dont know if theirs anymore fps left in it as i have tweeked everything I know how to do,since I wasnt able to hunt this year do to work related injury. But I was wondering if these numbers are good ,fair or poor ?
    Last edited by DB_43725; 12-20-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: it got scrambled