Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Ordered!!!!

Live in Boerne TX. Work where the oil is found.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Ordered!!!! Alien X

Howdy Folks,
    I just wanted to chime in from the Average Bow Guy point of view. Don't shoot as much as I want to due to working offshore but when I'm home, I shoot around 120 arrows a day. Hunt when I can but it's never quite enough (or too often if you ask my Wife).
    I just ordered my #60 Alien X and will post my ABG review when it comes in. (About 2 weeks).
    What are people saying about them so far? I read the testimonials on their website but you never know how much is solid and how much is hype.
    I've had nothing but great bows from Martin (4 Now) and have even higher expectations from the Rytera series.

Just plain excited and not afraid to say so. (Like a kid awaiting Christmas in July)

Doc
    Last edited by recondoc; 07-19-2009 at 01:34 PM.

twisted archer

Thumbs up Just came in 3 Ryteras

2 next camo and 1 black. We took the black one out and set it up as soon as they came in. It's nice, fast, and solid! I didn't even put a peep in and busted a CX maxima hunter on the second shot. Bulldog collars don't work when it's dead center. Just my luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Well,
    I found the box in my kitchen when I got in from the Colorado Mountains last night. To say this bow is a work of art is an understatement. The lines are beautiful and everything feels so darned solid.
    Although I won't be setting up until later today, I had to try an arrow off the shelf last night just to see what it would do. I backed the draw weight down 2.5 turns and let one rip in the fading light. I completely missed my block target and put it through the fences. Dead arrow. I'm glad there is nobody living back behind me as I would have gone from just foolish to outright dangerous. Better thinking in retrospect. I will set up the bow this evening and post more later.......It did feel sweet though.
    Doc.....off to reflect further on my own stupidity.

Post Thanks / Like

Try find the arrow.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

SandSquid

Factory fresh (un-tuned) 70# Rytera, 30"draw w/ 350.1 grain (350 spine) arrow shoot through the Chronograph. The arrow self destructed upon launch.

Post Thanks / Like

I found the arrow. It angled through the fence and into a rock wall. Needless to say, the arrow has had it's last flight.

I got the center shot set up today with a G5 Meta Peep 5/16" and a True Glo sight. I'm using a QAD Hunter rest and I'm pretty sure it's not falling fast enough for this bow. I noticed that the silencing material is getting cut up by my fletching. (Not good) I'll mess with it a bit tomorrow and try moving it forward about 3/4" to get the timing to work right. Otherwise I'll be shopping for a faster drop away system.
    This thing is definitely quiet and the arrows are all flying the same way. I'll get after it a bit more tomorrow.
    Doc

Post Thanks / Like

"Factory fresh (un-tuned) 70# Rytera, 30"draw w/ 350.1 grain (350 spine) arrow shoot through the Chronograph. The arrow self destructed upon launch."
    Bad arrow may be...
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    "Factory fresh (un-tuned) 70# Rytera, 30"draw w/ 350.1 grain (350 spine) arrow shoot through the Chronograph. The arrow self destructed upon launch."
    Bad arrow may be...
    Possible. The arrow had been shot lots. This was the "spec" arrow that was used as to test all the bows through the crono. the apples-to-apples arrow as it were. I donated one of my new 350 spine Victory X-RigerHV's to replace it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, i wonder how long is the life of a carbon arrow, with all the stress? When it'll start to disintegrate.Without being shot - after thousаnds of years i guess, but the usable...

Post Thanks / Like

Shooting Easton Axis FMJ 400s with total weight of 395.7gr and bow set to #53 for my bum shoulder. I haven't chronoed it and don't expect a ton of speed with this setup. I do know that I'm getting incredible hit and PENETRATION! With a 100gr Rage 1.5 practice head, I did several pass throughs of my Block target. I guess it's going to be shot out pretty quick. It was a X-mas gift from my daughter this last year so it's about 7 months old right now. I had about 8 inches of arrow sticking out the other side on multiple sides of the target. Not just one side that was shot out.
    I feel really confident with this combo and setup. I think it should be putting plenty of does in the freezer this coming season.
    If anyone in South Texas needs extra does removed, feel free to give me a shout.
    Doc
    PS. Pics to follow when I figure out how to get them out of my Wife's new camera. (I got an Alien X, she got a Nikon....pretty fair shake.)