Thread: Furious X system questions

Red Wing

Default Furious X system questions

Hi Folks,

I should be getting my new Mystic Elite with the Furious X system any day now and I just had a few questions about it.

First off, is there any difference preference of attachment to the down cable if using a drop away rest? I plan on timing the bow at full draw with the rest attached but wondered if it was preferable to tie into one or both down cables.

I've seen it said that the cables can be removed without a press, how so?

Any specific methods for leveling out the limbs (removing limb torque) using the system?

Thanks for any replies,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Im not familiar with Martin's X-system, but from what i know wasnt it designed to remove all limb torque since there is no cable rod?? i dont know i could be wrong, but there are other people on here who are more familiar with it than me...happy shooting

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    wasnt it designed to remove all limb torque since there is no cable rod??
    Yes, you are right. However you will still need to tighten/loosen the cables to time your cams and ballance the tension between the pair of cable for each end.

First thing to do is ballance out any cam lean caused by different lenghts of cables. Get your nockpoint and center-shot on the rest as close as I can.

To time the cams I use a heavy duty eye hook screwed into a wall-stud, the hook goes through my D-Loop. Pull the bow, time the cams.

I only shoot RipCords, so the timing may be different but I spread my cable and slip the cord through it, bring the bow to full draw, this will pull the excess corda back through, this will pretty much set the drop timing almost perfectly. Then I serve it in. You will notice that the cable that the rest is tied into is ever so slightly retarded whne you check your cam timing again, but that is not to be avaided without tightening that cable and inducing some tiny bit of cam lean back into the system.

RogerSr

I have the same bow that your getting, and shoot a drop away rest on it, I hook to one cable, and have no timing problems, the shoot thru system takes care off the torque, this is a great bow, have fun good shooting! and to remove the cables and or string,just back out the limb bolts till you can see daylight through the barrel nuts, and take them off,
    Last edited by RogerSr; 07-24-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Red Wing

Thanks guys.

I appreciate the help. I cant wait to put some arrows thru it.

I guess I was kind of vague in what I was asking. What I meant was what methods do you use to make sure the limbs are deflecting squarely when the bow is drawn and released?

Any other issues I need to be aware of of keep my eye on on this set up?

Thanks,
    Joe
    Last edited by Red Wing; 07-24-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: clarification