Thread: Question about an older Jaguar draw weights

A_W

Default Question about an older Jaguar draw weights

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help I bought a 1998 (?) Jaguar Pro Series with Z cams for my father. He is in his 60s and I figured he could pull close to 60# but he really cannot. Martin's website says the bow has a 40-80# draw weight. Does the bow require different limb sets or do all the limbs adjust from 40-80#?

At the weight my dad can pull (45#) maybe, no scale at my house, there is a about a 3/16" gap between the limb and the pocket in the riser. It looks sketchy to me. Was this bow designed to shoot like that?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Tighten the limb bolts until they are at their max. Then give them 5 full turns counter-clockwise. Now you have reached the minimum draw weight for this bow which should be around 45#.

You CAN shoot this bow at this position but as you stated it looks some kind of scary. I would recommend you to get a new set of limbs with a lower max draw weight for this bow (if you want to keep it..).
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

dbd870

40-80# is the range including the different limbs. That old a bow, I'd go shopping if it won't adjust down far enough.

A_W

Cool, thanks guys.