Thread: Firecat Spec Questions

Double N Ranch

Default Firecat Spec Questions

Just ordered a Firecat and it should be arriving in a couple of weeks. The dealer's add, as well as many others, indicate the draw length is adjustable from 26"-30" and the axle length is 32 1/4". This is posted on several web sites, including the description when you view the Firecat on Martin's web site. Since I have ordered this bow, I decided to fish around Martin's website and found their link to "Tech Info" then clicked on "2009 Specs." This took me to a chart that indicates the axle length is 37" and there are two cams availible. A "standard mod cam" for 26"-29" and another called a "long mod draw" for 29.5"-30"

I hope this is some sort of a mistake on Martin's part because I do not want a 37" bow, nor was I ever told I needed to order the bow with a "long mod cam" because everything I read indicates it is adjustable draw, 26-30". Nothing, even Martin's description, says anything about needing another cam for 30" shooters.

Can someone please clearify???

jduckman99

Got my Firecat 3 weeks ago. For a 30" draw, you're gonna need to change the module to the long draw. They come stock with module numbered 1-7. Each number indicates 1/2" draw lengths. Im a 28" draw and it's set on #7. I believe you need the 8-9 module. It's in the tech info bow manuals Firecat 09pdf page 10. Have not measured ATA. I will take it and get back to you.

Post Thanks / Like

The 37" AtA is a mistake in the charts. The real AtA is around 32". I always forget to write them an email about that....

As already mentioned you do not need an other Cam. It ist just an other module that has to be changed.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

For real that 37" ATA is a mistake. I could only wish it were true. I'd absolutely love to have a Cat with 37" of length. Alas, mine measures
    32 3/8".

As for the modules. There are two differnt ones. Short mod covers 26" to 29" as mentioned. The long mod covers 29 to 30".

I don't know how other bows are coming out, but mine, set on the shortest setting measures 26 5/8" draw---a little longer than advertised. Tiller is even at 9 3/8" with the limbs backed off 1 turn. Centershot for the rest is right on 15/16" as measured from the rubber shelf plate. Brace height is 6 15/16" from deepest part of the grip to the string.

By reading your post I assume you want 30" draw. If so you'll need the long draw module. No cam swap is necessary. The cam is the same for short or long. If your dealer ordered a 30" draw then the bow should come with the long draw module which should have only 3 settings, 29, 29 1/2, and 30".

Hope this helps.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Double N Ranch

Thanks for all the response(s).

I spoke with my dealer and unfortunately, the bow I have been waiting for to ship from Martin, left yeaterday with the smaller mods installed. My dealer had no idea a 30" draw required the longer mods. I am not blaming him one bit, since two archery shops in my area, both had no idea a different mod was needed for 30"+ shooters. As I stated earlier, I did my research and nowhere did I see a different mod was needed, not even in Martin's description on their web site, as well as their advertisements. A simple notation somewhere would taken care of it.

My distributor ordered me the longer mods for the bow already shipped and is also giving me the option to wait another 3 weeks for another bow with the long mods already installed. Does anyone have an idea if this is someting a do it yourselfer can handle?? ...or should it be left to an authorized Martin tech guy?? --that change the mods.

As for the inaccurate adds and spec chart published my Martin, the marketing people in the front office are doing a diservice to Martin's reputation and should give the same attention to detail their craftsmen give, to buildiing their bows.

Post Thanks / Like

Changing of the mods is simply taking out two screws on each mod and replacing with long draw mod in correct holes for your draw length.

eldermike

Try it at 29. I have mine set at 27 but it's actually closer to 28. I would guess that mine would do 30 with the short module.

OregonHunter

Where can I order the long module draw to up the current draw on my firecat to 30 inches?