Thread: 09 Moab question

Dave308

Default 09 Moab question

The website says it has a 31" draw and the cam chart says it only has a 30" draw. Any idea what the real max draw is?

Post Thanks / Like

My 08 MOAB goes to 30. In the matter of fact it is a little strange because with F5 the bow has DL of about 26!?! (And the BH and the ATA are normal)
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

my 09 is 25 to 30 , with a f-2 mod and d-loop that gives me around 27 " draw if i didn't use a d-loop i would go to the f-3 mod and the #2 pin
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    My 08 MOAB goes to 30. In the matter of fact it is a little strange because with F5 the bow has DL of about 26!?! (And the BH and the ATA are normal)
    As with newspaper articles, don't believe everything you read. The Moab has a 25" draw (or close to it) with the F1 Mod. Go up one inch for each number above that, so the F5 mod should give a draw length of just about 29". The F7 is for 31".

And if they all are similar to mine they may draw a half inch longer than marked. Never trust a limb sticker or tech cam/module charts. Measure the actual draw length of the bow at full draw to confirm that the bow draws what it's supposed to. And that means every bow by every manufacturer.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver