Thread: Can my LIMB BOLTS be too tight?

otiswinkerbean

Default Can my LIMB BOLTS be too tight?

Just curious - What is the minimum required open space between the limbs and the riser cup? Can the limb bolts be tightened all of the way down to a ZERO GAP or should I maintain a open space? If so how much of an opening is required. ALSO should I shoot for perfectly even spacing on both the top and bottom? Insight regarding this topic will be appreciated. I was thinking about using my spark plug feeler gauges in this opening to measure precise gap if that is required.

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by otiswinkerbean View Post
    Just curious - What is the minimum required open space between the limbs and the riser cup? Can the limb bolts be tightened all of the way down to a ZERO GAP or should I maintain a open space? If so how much of an opening is required. ALSO should I shoot for perfectly even spacing on both the top and bottom? Insight regarding this topic will be appreciated. I was thinking about using my spark plug feeler gauges in this opening to measure precise gap if that is required.
    If you can handle the draw weight of the limbs maxxed out ,then yea, you could tighten them both all the way down to where they are snug. That's where they usually perform the best. Just remember ,your arrows have to match your draw weight. If you max out your limbs you may have to get stiffer arrows.

if you need to lessen the draw weight then by all means, do so. After finding a draw weight that you are comfortable with, then make both limbs the same by measuring from the axle to the limb pockets . That is better than measuring the space between the limb and the riser. Good luck.