Thread: making it quiter

Unregistered

Default making it quiter

Ok I just started getting back into shooting bow again. I have an older martin maverick pro series. I was wondering how to make it quiter? plz and thank you.

michaelg

limbsaver sting leeches and an sts. it will sound like a differant bow

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on how old the string/cables are it may need new ones. Strings creep (elongate) with age and allow the cam(s) to be over rotated which can be a source of excess noise. So new strings and get the bow set to the proper ATA and brace height is what I'd recommend for starters.

Then get some limb savers and a set of Cat Whiskers. STS can help, but IMO they are over rated. Let me just say the cost doesn't justify the end results.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

bwollard

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Depending on how old the string/cables are it may need new ones. Strings creep (elongate) with age and allow the cam(s) to be over rotated which can be a source of excess noise. So new strings and get the bow set to the proper ATA and brace height is what I'd recommend for starters.

Then get some limb savers and a set of Cat Whiskers. STS can help, but IMO they are over rated. Let me just say the cost doesn't justify the end results.
    I somewhat agree with bfisher however, it does slightly quiet the bow strings. Not worth the 40 or so dollars they want for the sts system. What i would suggest is making your own. Very simple to do. 8/32 cold rolled bar stock, and rubber stopper from fastner isle at local hard ware store. And some camo paint. I made mine for my 09 Bengal and it cost me $5.25 at lowes! So in that case it is worth it!