Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firecat W/ C.A.T. Cams

fridge24

Default Firecat W/ C.A.T. Cams

Is there a specific way to tune the Firecat Pro-X with CAT cams? I just purchased an 09 Firecat PRO-X with CAT cams and I'm only shooting 249fps. I shoot 450g Vapors (including a 100g field tip). I am assuming that if I went to a lighter arrow I would increase my speed. Any suggestions??

Also, I am having a tuff time getting my bow paper tuned. Any suggestions there?? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Archerytalk and read this thread www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=626601 It will answer alot of your questions.

fridge24

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod26 View Post
    Go to Archerytalk and read this thread www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=626601 It will answer alot of your questions.
    Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

What draw eight and draw length is the bow set for? 450 grains is a pretty heavy arrow by today's standards.

Just for a starter my FireCat likes the arrow about 1/16" above square and the rest set for centershot just about 15/16" from the rubber shelf pad. Even tiller.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

fridge24

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    What draw eight and draw length is the bow set for? 450 grains is a pretty heavy arrow by today's standards.

Just for a starter my FireCat likes the arrow about 1/16" above square and the rest set for centershot just about 15/16" from the rubber shelf pad. Even tiller.

The bow is set at 66# draw weight and the draw lenght is 30". I do plan on getting lighter arrows soon. I have just started reading the thread that was suggested to me earlier in the this thread. There seems to be a lot of tinkering I'll have to do.

Post Thanks / Like

you should be shooting faster than 249 fps, even with 66lbs, and a 30 inch draw length...although im sure shooting a lighter arrow will a help a lot...once you get it all tuned post how fast your shooting then

fridge24

Default speed

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    you should be shooting faster than 249 fps, even with 66lbs, and a 30 inch draw length...although im sure shooting a lighter arrow will a help a lot...once you get it all tuned post how fast your shooting then
    I just got 75/95 GT arrows with a total of 400grns. I chronoed out with a speed of 271fps. Still a lot slower than I want.

Post Thanks / Like

'09 Martin FireCat
    60# dw
    29" dl
    50.5gn. on string (including speed nocks)
    396 gn. arrow (GT XT)
    280 fps.

I think I could get a little more speed outta this (lots of weight on string)
    but as it is it shoots really accurate and quiet.
    I set it up per the suggestions on the AT thread which brought it up from
    the way it was outta the box (250fps) to 280.
    I shows a very slight high/right tear thru paper at point blank range but broadhead and field point poi is identical out to 55 yards.
    It is my hunting rig so I'm not concerned about distances any farther.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    '09 Martin FireCat
    60# dw
    29" dl
    50.5gn. on string (including speed nocks)
    396 gn. arrow (GT XT)
    280 fps.

I think I could get a little more speed outta this (lots of weight on string)
    but as it is it shoots really accurate and quiet.
    I set it up per the suggestions on the AT thread which brought it up from
    the way it was outta the box (250fps) to 280.
    I shows a very slight high/right tear thru paper at point blank range but broadhead and field point poi is identical out to 55 yards.
    It is my hunting rig so I'm not concerned about distances any farther.
    That sounds like a right nice combination of speed and quietness. Almost a perfect hunting rig, IMO.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    That sounds like a right nice combination of speed and quietness. Almost a perfect hunting rig, IMO.
    Thank you!
    It would be about perfect if the ATA was 38"

p.s. I read in one of your old posts that you only have a tied-on nock set and meta-peep on your string. Do you shoot with a release right off the string?