Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limb question

jujuscisyn

Sorry Snake, didn't mean to step on you, we were writing at the same time apparently. I've got to get it chrono'd after the latest changes. No drawstop, put a sts on it so I could get rid of the 30 gr apiece string leeches. That leaves a 5/16 peep and string loop. I'm guessing 12 grain on the string. I've got an alpine mach 5 cable slide. The QAD is troublesome but have it adjusted with no contact. Get a low tear in paper because the nock is about an 1/16 inch too high but that is the only way I could get it to clear. the rest stands up in the last inch or a hair more in the draw and the limbs bottomed out. Can't find out anything about the cam so that is what I've done to try to get it close to ibo. Guys I really didn't mean to rant, I really like the bow just wish I'd gotten the one I thought I was getting.

jujuscisyn

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSr View Post
    I don't think that your bow is to light for anything in north America! I've been bow hunting since 1957, and have killed deer, elk,bear,Moose,and pig,with 60# bows,
    in my home state of California I've killed a lot of elk and deer, bear,and pig, and now that I'm getting older I'm using 50# to 53# for my hunting, and still get pass through, on deer, elk, pig, it's all about shot placement
    I agree, like I said I've killed with recurves shooting 607 gr arrow and considering my small stature at the time probably a 25 inch dl, I'd be suprised if the arrow was moving at 150 f/s. This started by asking if I could get 80 lb limbs, because the bow I paid for wasn't the bow I got.
    I love the bow and probably wouldn't trade it right now, it's mine. I can probably kill anything walking right now like you said with proper shot placement. But I'd sure feel better throwing a 420 grain arrow at a grizzly streaking in at 280 fps and carrying 83.4 ft/lbs of KE, rather than what I am. Those numbers are well inside the realm of possibility for an ibo of 320. I don't know if I'll ever get to hunt grizzlies or any other bear but I thought I bought the bow to do it, Not a maybe it'll do it but a definate you bet it will, bow

Post Thanks / Like

well if i were you personally i would put the draw stop on and take off a little let-off, this will also advance your cam a hair and if you place it right you could gain 5-10 fps...just as an example my dad has a 2007 Martin Bengal with an IBO of 310...It shoots 285 right now, the rest picks up in the last half inch of draw, 3 inches of center serving and he still has the factory strings with leaches... he is drawing 71# like you and has a 29 inch draw, just play with your bow im sure you could get it closer to specs...

jujuscisyn

I appreciate it, I'll give it a shot. The closest chrono is at the local bowtech dealer and as one might imagine that isn't an ideal place to get an off brand bow dialed in. Oh they are nice enough, but when I tell them I'm trying to get the bow right, the salesmen come out of the woodwork. After that the closest place is well over 30 miles. But I'll try. As a matter of fact I was trying the drawstop thing when it went flying after about 30 shots and have been unable to locate it. Not sure why or how it came off but it did. I left a message with Martin about 830 their time this morning but haven't heard anything I'll try again tomorrow. Anyone have any insight how long it takes for someone to get back to you?

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good idea. If you are able to handle the lower let-off just use the module for the longest draw but let your draw stop at the current position. This will reduce the letoff and give you a longer peak weight so that more energy is stored and you will get a faster arrow.

In genereal Martin will call you back the same day but try further.

I have replaced the rubber cap around the draw stop by something like duct tape from a mechanic i know. It feels kind of smooth and cannot fly off as it is taped...
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

jujuscisyn

Thanks all, for your advice. I'll play around with it, for a while at least. But like I said, not a huge deal, I can kill anything in this state. It'll just have to do. I was just curious about the limbs after reading that thread.

otiswinkerbean

Question 07 Cheetah with 7L limbs

Mine is an 07 Cheetah 55-70 with 7L limbs and a maxed out 29" draw module F7 installed. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? I am confused by the limb number conversation but like the way she shoots the heavy arrows I have on hand.

Post Thanks / Like

THe 07 CHeetah had the older grey MPro-Cam and might have a different angle in the limb pockets so that a higher limb rating might be right there.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010