Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offering my help

PLASTIC PAUL

Default Offering my help

I am a factorty staff shooter for Martin. If anyone wants my assistance with getting the most out of their bow or with shooting in general feel free to post here or send me a PM.

I will do what I can to help, there are no stupid questions.

xxx
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PLASTIC PAUL
    I am a factorty staff shooter for Martin. If anyone wants my assistance with getting the most out of their bow or with shooting in general feel free to post here or send me a PM.

I will do what I can to help, there are no stupid questions.

Coming to northern Indiana anytime soon. I'll buy you dinner... If you help me with my target practice

PLASTIC PAUL

I will take you up on that or if you are ever in my neck of the woods we can get together. How is your shooting now, any rough spots ?

xxx
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PLASTIC PAUL
    I will take you up on that or if you are ever in my neck of the woods we can get together. How is your shooting now, any rough spots ?

Actually my shooting is coming along. I'm learning a lot about shooting when it isn't level (3D) and that is making some turbulents in my shot pattern. I'm real square on how I do my shot. Same pattern, every time, or I start over.

PLASTIC PAUL

I commend you because you have made the biggest step already. You have a regular shot routine and you start over when things aren't right. Here is how I look at that "I can't get it back". I found a great book tonight by one of my favorite authors. The title is "Putting out of your mind" any hard core archer would immediately see how this would translate to our sport.
    One of the things he mentions is how the best putters do it the same way every time. There was a time when I even had little bullets (notes) typed up really small and taped on the back of my limb to help me stay focussed under pressure.
    The other point I picked up already is pretty neat but so hard for so many. The great putters expect every putt to go in the hole. Do we as archers expect every arrow to go into the X or 12 ring ?? If we don't why did we bother to even let the shot go, or draw the bow for that matter. Tonight I was working on my form and loosening my shoulder after last weeks disaster.
    I was shooting at the top of a golf tee, I fully expected to hit the top of the tee on every shot. Not just hit it but split it clean in two right down the middle. I obviously didn't do that with every arrow or i wouldn't have any left but i still need to expect perfect results every time or i should let down.
    If i can help in any way give me a shout.
    With regards to uphill and down hill.......There is more effect on you than there is on the arrow. Keep your form solid and you will score well without making any major sight adjustments.

jhoek

I have a "stock" razor X dyna cam purchased this year. This is my first Martin and I love it. Any ideas on improving performance? Also, I have read about the shoot through system in a lot of threads. What are the advantages? Can a bow like mine be adapted to the shoot through? What are the disadvantages. As you can tell, I'm ignorant.

PLASTIC PAUL

There is no such thing as ignorance just inexperience... Yes your bow can be adapted to the shoot thru system. You would need a set of Nitrous X cams and modules for your draw length and a new set of string/cables.
    First you need to know there are no performance disadvantages at all !!
    There is a short learning curve of 15-20 minutes when you first start with the X system. I takes a few minutes to get accustomed to loading an arrow from the front and to having the cables near your arm.
    Advanatges...Oh where to begin... First you will see tighter groups over-all. Because this cam system is pure in terms of the power stroke it is more forgiving. By pure I mean the nock travel is straight forward from all angles. There is NO cam lean or limb twist of any kind. The way is very firm without being bone jarring, this is due to the draw stopsw coming into all four cables.
    This brings up another point, the ciming can be adjusted without a bow press, as can the draw length. This can be really handy if you don't have a press or just for fine tuning purposes.
    Another little thing that the nitrous X system does is give you more speed. This basically comes in three forms. First the cams can now turn more smoothly on the bearings because there is no side load on them. Another little speed thief that few think about is the cable guard and slide, oh bye the way thses little guys can also effect accuracy. The last one is pretty cool. The Nitrous X cam system performs best with softer arrows. As we all know softer generally means lighter. I was shooting Light Speed 500's at 58lbs last year, man was that rig fast !!!
    I hope this has answered some of your questions.

hunter

Sir, did you get a pm from me ? just wondering if it is working ..If you have no anwsers ..that's cool ..thanks ..

PLASTIC PAUL

Hunter_ Sorry about that !! I will look at the numbers today and see what we can put together. Life has been pretty crazy lately and i forgot to go back and look at the numbers for you. I will see what we can do to get you all the speed we can without killing you. I am really into lower poundage bows and maing them work to their optimum.

OH, Call me Paul, or Plastic.....no sir needed

hunter

Paul, That sounds good ..I know it is not an easy deal.. But, I hope I can get things worked out .. Thank you ,for any help you can give me .. Btw..the .sir, thing,is just how we are taught to address people in Oklahoma ..Country thing I guess ..Thanks.. Cody