Thread: will Alien X cams work on an 08 Firecat?

firecat1

Default will Alien X cams work on an 08 Firecat?

I have a buddy that has the new Alien, and I want to know if the cams off of his bow will work on my 08 Firecat? I love the Firecat, but the C.A.T cams have such a hard letoff, and the Alien is sooo much smoother. Would I need to change cables and strings due to length or would everyting work as is? Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Compare the A2A of each bow. If they are the same then you should be able to make the swap using the present rigging. Also compare the limb deflection numbers to ensure that they are the same or nearly so.

Got a question as I haven't had the pleasure of shooting the Alien. Are the two bows set at the same draw weight? Although I shoot the FireCat and also have a Moab I don't see all that much difference in the draw cycle. In fact I prefer the Cat cams over the M2Pro.

Over time I've also learned that I prefer to drop draw weight of really hard cams such as the Cat cams. Maintaining the same gr/lb I find I can get just as much speed and the Cat cam feels pretty good at a lower weight.

I might also add that I'm not into the kinetic energy thing for hunting. Too much is made of it. I hunt deer exclusively and shoot setups that produce 40 lbs or a little less energy and do so with complete confidence, getting complete pass throughs nearly 100% of the time.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

firecat1

Default alien

I shoot a 60# bow and so does he, mine is maxed out and he shoots his Alien at about 53#.

Post Thanks / Like

As I said, I haven't shot an AlienX, but I can tell you that if his bow is at 53# and yours is 60# then that is a lot when it comes to drawing. Try dropping yours down to 53# and see how it feels. Remember, you have to compare apples to apples.

Here again, what cams are on his bow and how does the speed compare to your Cat? Hybrix is the speed cam and Tranz single cam is the easier drawing, slower cam.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

ive posted this a few times, but what does the Tranz cam look like lol, just out of curiosity...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    ive posted this a few times, but what does the Tranz cam look like lol, just out of curiosity...
    Can't say. Never seen one.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver