Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fine tuning problem

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing to compare it to, but my gut says they should cross above the cable slide. My FireCat crosses above but this is a different cam system. My Moab crosses above, but just slightly above as it has the CCS on it. Maybe one of the other guys here with a Bengal or Cheetah can chime in.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

eldermike

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I have nothing to compare it to, but my gut says they should cross above the cable slide. My FireCat crosses above but this is a different cam system. My Moab crosses above, but just slightly above as it has the CCS on it. Maybe one of the other guys here with a Bengal or Cheetah can chime in.
    My Moab and firecat are above. Vibration could be from cables rubbing together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eldermike View Post
    My Moab and firecat are above. Vibration could be from cables rubbing together.
    Cables shouldn't be rubbing together. Maybe you need to turn the slide 180degrees.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

it doesn't matter where the cables cross as long as there is enough clearance between the two, My old C4 crossed above and that had an m-pro and my dad's bengal cross below, which also has a m-pro, is it just me or does it look like he has two different sized limbs on his bow??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    it doesn't matter where the cables cross as long as there is enough clearance between the two, My old C4 crossed above and that had an m-pro and my dad's bengal cross below, which also has a m-pro, is it just me or does it look like he has two different sized limbs on his bow??
    Me thinks you must have micrometer eyes to be able to tell the difference in the limbs. Besides, if the limb were that much different he'd have more problems getting a decent nocking point, which he isn't encountering.

Gotta give ya credit. You're looking for something.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

RogerSr

The cables should cross below,my 08 Cheetah, and my 08 Laopard, cross below.

sidnren

oregon

I agree and have done that to correct the problem of shooting left of target. When I move right I get alot of vibration and increase in noise. I have an appointment tomorrow with a bow shop to help me straighten every
    thing out. I'll let you know what I find out.

sidnren

One more thing, maybe it will help, maybe it won't.
    I spoke with customer service a couple of weeks ago when I ordered the STS.
    I was told that this bow is the same as the Bengal. Of course the specs on bow string length are the same as the MOAB. So, i have some confusion there myself.
    I look at the pictures of the Bengal on the web and the cables cross under. The picture of the MOAB has the CCS system installed so that is no help. When I do replace the string, which may be now, I am to going to the CCS. Increasing it now will increase draw weight of the bow or so I was told by CS.

I really do appreciate all of the input, You Guys are great.
    I'll keep you advised.

I know one thing for sure, my next bow will be purchased through Martin.
    Last edited by sidnren; 08-25-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: adding text

Post Thanks / Like

about the CCS, if your bow is an 08 model there is no way to get the CCS for it, as there are no mounts for it in the riser...

sidnren

Took my bow to Cape Fear Archery. I spoke with the pro there. He looked at my bow and said the top limb is twisted at the riser or the riser block is. He told me that he was afraid to twist the cables to correct the left idler wheel lean. It would cause the limb to torgue right even more and possibly break.
    I called Martin while at the shop and explained the problem. The Pro wanted to talk with them and explain what he was seeing. Martin told me it wasn't necessary to just send the bow back to them. Gave me an RA # and now it is on it way to Walla Walla. I am happy so far with the customer service.

If you look at the previous photo's you can see it.

Thanks again for all of the great info from ya'll.