Thread: 05 jaguar magnum question (dicks magcat magnum)

Unregistered

Default 05 jaguar magnum question (dicks magcat magnum)

I have seen alot of talk about changing parts out on the older bows. I shoot a 60# draw with my bow, have a 29" draw, and the bow has the dyna cams. This particular bow is maxed out on draw weight as of now. I was wanting to know if in any way, could I improve this bow by adding the newer parts that are featured on the newer models, such as newer cams, limbs, replacing the graphite cable slide, adding ccs cable containment system,or an sts string dampener,things like this that would help me in anyway. I would take the bow to an archery shop but I am kind of worried they would just start putting all kinds of crap on it just to improve there sales. So any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

You could make some changes, but it just wouldn't be worth the cost. Try new limbs and newer cam system and you're looking at nearly $400. Pretty much the price of a new Bengal.

You could add an STS (front mount) as an aftermarket choice. It won't help the performance, but might help cut down on any noise. Me, I'd just use a good set of cat-whiskers.

One change that might be useful is new custom strings made from BCY
    8125. Sometimes this can increase speed by as much as 10 fps. Good strings also can help keep the bow in tune longer as they won't creep near as much over time.

Personally I'd save my pennies and try to pick up a new bow or a good used one a year or two old.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver