Thread: my firehawk makes a clicking noise when i reach full draw, please help

BrownOut

Default my firehawk makes a clicking noise when i reach full draw, please help

Just bought my first bow two month ago and went with the Firehawk. Have generally been very happy with its performance, but this weekend I noticed the bow made a small clicking noise when I reached full draw. It doesn't happen everytime, but it happens enough that I'm a little concerned. Before all I heard was a very dull clunk when the cams rolled over, that was barely audible. Was curious if anyone has experienced a similar noise, and has any solutions, or might know what is causing the clicking sound? My draw length it 29", and draw weight is at 65lbs.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should bring this up as Im headed to the factory with my Firecat today for the exact same issue. Im almost positive that mine is a bent axle but Im also concerned that it might be a warning of a possible limb failure.

Im sure they will get it taken care of today but I hate letting anyone field strip my bow this close to hunting season Of course, I have my broadheads flying like darts and sighted in out to 60 yards.... Oh well, will give me something to do this afternoon!!!

Ill let you know what I find out later but I would suggest you take it to youre local shop and have it checked out. .Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stickflngr View Post
    Funny you should bring this up as Im headed to the factory with my Firecat today for the exact same issue. Im almost positive that mine is a bent axle but Im also concerned that it might be a warning of a possible limb failure.

Im sure they will get it taken care of today but I hate letting anyone field strip my bow this close to hunting season Of course, I have my broadheads flying like darts and sighted in out to 60 yards.... Oh well, will give me something to do this afternoon!!!

Ill let you know what I find out later but I would suggest you take it to youre local shop and have it checked out. .Kenny
    Please post back here as it might help others in the future.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm...i have that same clicking noise, at first i thought it was the limbs but there were no cracks and the noise level was the same and my arrows were hitting what i was aiming at so i just ignored it and it happens to me after shooting for a while, and then after maybe a half hour i hear the noise every 5 shots...

BrownOut

I went to the shop and the clicking didn't seem to be heard anymore, maybe was in my head. It still seems loud though, he said it was coming from the speed of my draw and the draw stop hitting the limb. Any suggestions on dampening that noise other than the felt and the rubber on the draw stop? Other bows I've shot don't seem make as much noise. We both agreed it wouldn't be wise to remove the stop. Bow is damn quiet when I release but if I can make the draw quieter I'd be really happy.

He did mention that some of the new Martin were making a clicking noise that came from the black piece that the limbs rest on (sorry don't know the term for the part), which was just an err on the part of quality control at the factory

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried turning your limb bolts a half turn tighter or a half turn looser just to see if it stops the noise?

BrownOut

Just tried that, didn't make a difference either way. The felt on limb just doesn't seem to be sufficient to dull the impact of the draw stop which is causing the noise, maybe it is just too worn. What would be the best material to replace it with?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Sorry about taking so long to get back to ya. With my Firecat, the problem was as simple as I had a spacer on my lower cam that was getting hung up just before my cams rolled over!!! It was a simple fix (new spacers) and sounds like its a fairly common problem.. Take it to youre local shop and ask them to check this and you should be good to go.. SHOOT STRAIGHT AND TRACK HARD!!!!Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Ah heck, I didnt read all the posts. If its just the felt on them limb for the draw stop, just go to a craft store and buy some self-adhisive velcro and replace with the soft side of the velcro. Should be good to go. THe velcro is real tough as thats what I use for a shelf/rest on my trad bows... Kenny