Thread: 08 forecat draw length setting

chola

Default 08 forecat draw length setting

Can someone please post the what the numbers are on the cam modules in terms of drawlength on an 08 Firecat...I seen it somewhere, but danged if I can find it...

Post Thanks / Like

Because I have one I might be able to help. #1 is for 26" draw, #2 is for 26 1/2", #3 is for 27", and so forth up to #7 which should be 29". Then there is a larger module that can be changed out to give 29 1/2" and 30".

Does this help?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

chola

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Because I have one I might be able to help. #1 is for 26" draw, #2 is for 26 1/2", #3 is for 27", and so forth up to #7 which should be 29". Then there is a larger module that can be changed out to give 29 1/2" and 30".

Does this help?
    You bet....thank you.
    I bought my bow used and the setting is on number 6. To me that indicates that it's at 28.5 DL....I am 27 DL....

I had a string put on it when I first got the bow and all the bow tech guy did was adjust the draw stop. I worked OK,but never felt quite right. Also,I didn't really know any better.

I am going to set it at #3 and see how that feels tomorrow. I just put on new cables and string and fired about 80 rounds through it.The peep has settled down now and I should be able to get the DL it where I like it...hopefully...LOL

I am also trying to figure out the Cam timing thing,but that will come later with more reading and understanding how things work...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, try position #3. Then try #2 for comparison. My Cat draw a little long so yours may also. Try both positions and pick the one you like.

I'm not good at posting links, but there is a link on one of the other threads here in referrence to a post on Archery Talk about how to maximize the Cat cams. This might be something you want to try.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

chola

That's the one I have been reading...lots of info over there on these rigs...it's a bit overwhelming to me right now, as i am just starting out..but I'll get her figured

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Yeah, try position #3. Then try #2 for comparison. My Cat draw a little long so yours may also. Try both positions and pick the one you like.

I'm not good at posting links, but there is a link on one of the other threads here in referrence to a post on Archery Talk about how to maximize the Cat cams. This might be something you want to try.

chola

Default another question

In regards of speed, is it better to have my drawlength set a bit longer and then to adjust the letoff from say 80 down to 60? )Iam just using these numbers as an example)
    Will I gain any speed that way?

I am 27" DL, so if I set it, say at 28 or 28.5, and then adjust the cam stop or let off stop, will I gain any speed, or is it nothing to really get excited over?
    I have a bit of am argument over this with a buddy,he says I will gain 20-25 FPS...please bare with me as I am still learning and trying to figure out certain things on these firecat bows let alone bows in general

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done a lot of testing for a few years, but when I was with Pearson I tested some of their bows with 80% and then changed to a 65% module and tested again. The speed gain was a mere 4" in most cases. Therefore I'd say if it's a hunting rig I'd opt for the letoff. If it's to be a 3D bow you could set up a little long and use the draw stop to adjust for more holding weight and more solid aiming. It's a personal choice and something you just have to play with and see for yourself.

I think the reason there isn't much speed gain is that by setting the draw long and then stopping it short with the draw stop you aren't "using" the whole cam so you're losing some of the efficiency of the cam.

You can tell your buddy he needs to help you play with your bowto prove this to you both. But 20-25 fps? Ain't happening.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

chola

Thanks bfisher. My thoughts were along the lines of yours, in respect to using the whole cam rather than stopping it short....I adjusted my draw to 27 and that baby is spot on now,just feels like a new bow

Thanks for all the help,very much appreciated. Now all I have left to do is find my Elk come September 1

Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya have it set right for ya. Good luck shooting and even better luck with the elk. Stop around here and say hello once in a while.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver