Thread: STS for SlayR

Post Thanks / Like

Default STS for SlayR

Anyone put a STS on a SlayR? If so which brand did you use? The rear mounting hole is angled, so it the STS would need to be bent to line up perpindicular to the string.
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

Post Thanks / Like

You would probably better off to buy an aftermarket STS, like the original STS. This is a front mount as it screws into the stabilizer hole on the front of the bow. Advantage of this is that it can be adapted to almost any bow so can be moved to your next one.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Desmond

Or get a STRING TAMER by DURAVANES like I have on mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Desmond, did the String Tamer have enough adjust to over come the angled mounting hole? Or did you get the front mount.

Desmond

Quote Originally Posted by wisecane View Post
    Desmond, did the String Tamer have enough adjust to over come the angled mounting hole? Or did you get the front mount.
    Mine is mounted on the rear threaded hole of the riser. It won't mount perfectly aligned, but all you do is to bolted a bit tilted towards the opposite side of the string of course. I'm happy with it. I bought the "jr" model.

Here's a picture:

Post Thanks / Like

Ah I see you have a Slayer....mine is the older SlayR...the grip angle is different and the rear mounting hole is angled downward much more that yours. I was thinking of trying to make something and bending the rod to achieve the angle I need. Thanks for the pic, that is a nice looking rig.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah I see you have a Slayer....mine is the older SlayR...the grip angle is different and the rear mounting hole is angled downward much more that yours. I was thinking of trying to make something and bending the rod to achieve the angle I need. Thanks for the pic, that is a nice looking rig.
    Making your own is certainly not a bad idea. Look for an old aluminum dog-legged cable rod and bend to suit. I know I made one for a 2005 ShadowCat.
    The bow had x-cams so I just mounted my "STS" in the hole where the cable rod would normally be. Worked like a charm.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Desmond

I'm sure you can bend the rod. I shopped around and got it for $42 with no shipping charges, but I don't remember where I bought it from. Or you can try to make one yourself.
    I recently got custom strings from PROSTRING thanks to flytier who recommended them and got a discount. Can't beat a set of strings for $80. including shipping within three days, also bought the weighted VEM's, G5 peep and went with a "D" loop this year.

Wish you luck on your project and seasons to come!

RogerSr

I made one for my 2005 SlayR with a length of 3/8" aluminum rod i got from a hardware store for $3.00 a foot, all it took is one foot, and a rubber stopper, just bend it, not a problem it's not that hard.