Thread: NOS Plastic Module

Post Thanks / Like

Default NOS Plastic Module

Hey!

I just had the idea to make me a second set of modules to be able to convert my second set of Nitrous Cams to the shoot through system.

As i have no possibility to make them out of aluminium i thought about making a module set out of plastic. What do you think about it? We all know that the MPro Cam was sold with plastic modules also. In case of a NOS Cam the tension on the single module will be reduced by 4 as we have 4 of them?

Any thoughts about that?

Simon.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

You'd have to be one heck of a machinist to get them all the same. I would assume you aren't thinking of using a rat-tailed file to do this, right? I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. It'll give you something to do when you're not on the computer. You could concievably even reshape them to make a different draw cycle.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

No i am not planning to do it with a rat-tailed file... :P

I had some leftovers from a block of Polyoxymethylen (POM) in black. I already finished the outlines of the Module today and will continue tomorrow with cutting the module out of the block. I would like to change the draw cycle to a bit harsher one but in this case i would have to change the original modules also. But we will see, maybe i will play with it.

I will do my very best to get a perfect working copy of the module. At least i can try it.

Will keep you up to date.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Just to keep you up to date.

Finally finished the first module just before i met the guy that owns the Martin pro shop in germany. Luckily he had a set of X-Modules left that he sold me. No need for plastic any longer.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

So you wanted a set of X-mods. Here, all this time I thought you were trying to change the draw cycle of the feel of the Nitrous cams or get better performance.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to do that, too. But if i have the option to get a set of X-Modules instead of a slightly harsher NOS-Cam... I would rather choose the X-Mod.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL