Thread: speed nocks on cheetah

Hanksv

Default speed nocks on cheetah

Has anybody picked up speed by putting speed nocks on a 2009 cheetah? How many nocks? Bottom and top? Where did you find the best location to be?

Post Thanks / Like

2 to 3 about 1" to 2" from the bottom cam...should pick up about 5 to 7 fps, play around with it a little

RogerSr

I'm not sure that on a solocam bow you gain that much,
    but on the 30+ bows that I've owned, only three have been solocam and two of them I've changed to dual cam, but give it a try, youll never know if you don't try.

Hanksv

I gave it a try a couple days ago. My method was not very well thought out, so I will have to mess around with the nocks again one of these days. For some reason I didn't run the bow across my chrono before I put the nocks on. I had shot it through a chrono at a range a week ago and it read around 286 or 288. I took the bow into my back yard the other day and put to nocks about 1.5" from the cam and shot it through my chrono - I got 293. I moved the nocks up a little and got 296. Kept moving up and dropped down to 290. I moved them back up and down and could never get the 296 back again and ran out of daylight. I left them where it was shooting 293 and figure that is fast enough. I'm shooting it at 70lb with the F5 module. I have one string leach in the upper part of the string and a G5 meta peep. My arrows weigh about 360 grains. With this speed and these arrows, I have my first pin set for 30 yards. At 10 yards that pin hits dead on, at 20 yards it is 2" high, then it zeros at 30. My next pin is at 40 and the next pin is about 45. After that I have a floating pin (G5 XR sight) starting at 45. I think it is ready for the elk season opening day tomorrow.

RogerSr

I wish you good luck on your hunt,

Hanksv

Thanks for the good luck wish. Saturday afternoon I had 12 bulls feeding straight towards me and I had a nice cross wind to keep my sent away from them. The first bull in the herd was within 75 yards when the wind changed directions and they busted me. It was an awesome day. I'm hoping that they stay in the same valley until this weekend.