Thread: Cable wear

fridge24

Default Cable wear

I just bought the 09 firecat and I have shot maybe 100 arrows through it and the cable is wearing uneven. Just before the cam the black serving is white on the outside only. It appears as if it is being torqued. Does any of this make sense or is my cam not aligned? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

A picture would be a lot more definitive, but which cam and which cable. There are two of each on the FireCat.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

fridge24

top cam and cable closest to the riser. I'll try to post pics later tonight. Thanks for the help.

smokinarrow

I am very interested in your pics. I have an 08' Cat and there seems to be some wear on mine also. I may have some lean on the top cam and would be interested in fixing it if I can. The bow shoots great though and is whisper quiet.

Chris

fridge24

Quote Originally Posted by smokinarrow View Post
    I am very interested in your pics. I have an 08' Cat and there seems to be some wear on mine also. I may have some lean on the top cam and would be interested in fixing it if I can. The bow shoots great though and is whisper quiet.

Chris
    My firecat is all but quiet. Did you have to get your bow in sync to get it that quiet?

smokinarrow

I have string leeches and a stabilizer added. It is set at 60# and 29" DL. I am using carbon force 400 arrows 30" long with 100 grain tips and blazer vanes. I don't know what the fps is, but don't really care because it shoots great for me. I would kinda like to know just for grins to figure the KE of my arrows. I hope this helps.

Chris

smokinarrow

Sorry, I didn't even answer your question. I bought this bow at an archery shop already set up and just had to change DL to fit me.

Chris

Dave308

This site will give you a good estimate on your speed and KE.

http://utopiaprogramming.com/ke/KineticEnergy.html#

fridge24

Quote Originally Posted by Dave308 View Post
    This site will give you a good estimate on your speed and KE.

http://utopiaprogramming.com/ke/KineticEnergy.html#
    that is pretty cool. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

That is cool. I need to pick up 6 fps to get to what it says I should be at. 67;4 for kinetec energy and 287 for my 08 Firecat with out working on it. I'm getting 277 right now.