Thread: cheetah bow

1_led_zeppelin

Default cheetah bow

i work at a cabelas that carries martin bows. i just bought a cheetah about a month ago. have only shot 150 arrows or so and noticed that the yellow part of string, basically the string is wearin on my top wheel. if you look at the string it doesnt go up or down on the wheel straight more at an angle. not sure what to do. wondering if its my bow or all the bows. the cheetah and bengal at the store are at an angle too. it shouldnt be wearin like that i wouldnt think. maybe send it back if all else fails? i have pretty much tried everything....

trav

Post Thanks / Like

Did ya twist up the yoke to get the lean outta the cam/idler?

Post Thanks / Like

What Spiker said. Adjusting for idler lean should make the string come off the back side (toward shooter) straight. Because the the bow has a cable slide the string will be pulled off at an angle on the back side (toward the limb). The shorter the bow the more severe the angle will be and this is normal.

Is the string served where it rolls over the idler? If not I would highly recommend you serve it. Working at Cabelas I would think they have all the materials you need.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver