Thread: Would limbs from an Orion work on an 06 cougar C4?

Jive Turkey

Default Would limbs from an Orion work on an 06 cougar C4?

I found a set of 5H magnum limbs from an Orion and I have a new left over 06 Cougar C4 with magnum limbs with a 45-60lb draw I wanted 70lb but when you're a lefty and the sale is on you take what they have.

Will these limbs fit my Cougar C4 also is it a dumb idea to change limbs while the bow is technically still new?

Post Thanks / Like

If the limbs are the same length then they will fit right on. Whether it says Cougar or Orion makes no difference. Check the deflection number as compared to your old ones. Also, what is the deflection on your old ones and what cam system is on the bow?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Jive Turkey

Here's the link to the limbs they are at AT http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=982358

Can someone help clear any confusion I read here somewhere the 14 inch 5H magnums were 70lb draw and somewhere else they were 50 lb draw. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

How much would new limbs cost (ballpark) from martin if I were to purchase them.

RogerSr

New limbs from Martin are about $198.00, and 5H limbsare a lot more then 50# on any bow, I don't know about the Orion but they sound more like #70 then 50#.

Jive Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    If the limbs are the same length then they will fit right on. Whether it says Cougar or Orion makes no difference. Check the deflection number as compared to your old ones. Also, what is the deflection on your old ones and what cam system is on the bow?
    I can't see the deflection number without a press to remove the limbs. The cam is a Dynacam.

RogerSr

You don't need to remove the limb! just back the limb bolts out 5 turns each, you do not need a press to do that, you can even back them out to take the limbs off the bow without a press, just turn them a few turn at a time, first one side then the other stop when you can see daylight through the barrel nuts,

Jive Turkey

will that affect the tuning or timing when I tighten them back?

Jive Turkey

I just backed them off two turns each and both limbs are 3H. This bow is supposed to be 45-60 lb draw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    I just backed them off two turns each and both limbs are 3H. This bow is supposed to be 45-60 lb draw.
    Well, in that case those 5H limbs should get you right at 70# if the bow is set up right. The only limb deflection charts I'm finding for the Cougar/Dynacam are for 2005. These should be close enough for government work.

They don't list the 3H limbs for 60#, but do show 3L. 3L would be about 4-5# less than your 3H. Going up two numbers to the 5H should give you 10 more pounds than what your bow peaks at right now. However, if you get the limbs then weigh your bow before making the swap.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver