Thread: 09' Bengal CCS questions and concerns

bwollard

Red face 09' Bengal CCS questions and concerns

Considering putting on the cable containment system on my 09' bengal and i have a few questions.

1) I have the sts on the bow and it still seems somewhat noisy will the ccs be worth the trouble in quieting my bow even further?

2) (More of a technical question) I have the #70 limbs on my bow, if i have the the limbs maxed out (i shoot about a 68-70 lb draw) and i add the ccs will i then have to back out the limb bolts as to not exceed the #70 on the limbs due to the 5-10lbs added?

3) I am yet to see a bengal come from the factory that did not have a problem with cam lean. (Mine shoots really well, just looks like its wearing on the cable) Anyways, will installing the ccs reposition the cable enough to offset the cam lean?

I have read many of the posts on here about the cam lean problems, and they almost all say straighten up the cam. However, i have not been able to figure out which side of the cam is more important to have straightened up, the the back (the shooter side) or the front (the sight and rest side). I ask this because it looks like if i were to straighten up one it would make the other worse because the cables go in opposite directions on the front and back.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice yall can give me.

1_led_zeppelin

Default cam lean

i have the cheetah and thought the ccs and sts would be great features....thought ccs would help from wear...i also have cam lean and the string (yellow) is wearing on my top cam...was told to adjust at yoke/twist the string....havent tried that yet but seems like twistin the string in opposite directions should in theory fix or help this problem

trav

RogerSr

To straighten cam lean , you twist the right yoke cable, as you hold the bow in the shooting position, and as for the ccs it will add about 5 lbs to your draw, don't worry about exceeding the max of your limbs, just bottom them out if you want to,that 5 lbs is not going to be a problem,

bwollard

thanks for the advice Zep & Roger....

I also have got quite a bit of wear on the string above the cam. I am going to try twisting the yoke as roger suggested and i will post how it turns out.

bwollard

Default cam lean

Well i twisted up the right side of the yoke today and got it pretty close to the center of the cam on the shooters side. It definately changed how the bow shoots. It almost seems like it made the bow a little louder, anyways i had to completely re sight my bow (everything was about 3-4" low and left) 7 to 8 o clock position. Seems slightly more accurate now. But im not sure if that was just me.

Has anybody else seen results like this?

Anybody know of a good way or any tricks to wax the cable over top the cam?

RogerSr

you can draw the bow to full draw, and have someone rub the wax in, or just not worry about it, and get what you can.

Post Thanks / Like

or just serve it...

RogerSr

Over the top of the cam should already be served.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSr View Post
    Over the top of the cam should already be served.
    That depends Roger. Some are and some aren't. I think maybe some of the earlier ones weren't, but they may have started serving them. I know my Moab came unserved so I did it myself. Also removed that extra long center serving and put a much shorter one on (3") and then just served a short piece where the STS and string make contact.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver