Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: String hitting CCS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Oh yeah, the prices can certainly knock your socks off. Especially when choosing upper models from certain other manufacturers. Bows in the $700 to $900 are getting to be very common, much like SUV's with all the bells and whistles.

Just so much for bragging rights. So many gadgets that the owner will never use or even learn how to use. It's much the same with bows. Guys spedn the big bucks having no idea of even knowing something so mundane as to how to turn the weight up or down. Oh yeah, but they have the biggest baddest, fastest bow on the planet. Never mind that the draw length is 3" too long and the poundage is 10# more than they can handle. Again----something quite common.

One thing I like about Martin and a couple other companies. You can start at about $300 and go up to $1000, but there's a bow to fit everyone.
    exactly why i will always own martins

srwven

And probably why I will be as well. $450 for a damn good bow with plenty of speed. Local guy tried to steer me into a hoyt turbohawk after I told him I wanted to stay around $400. Only had 1 bow to test shoot (the turbohawk!). $550. I shot it, damn nice bow, but more than I wanted to spend. Nothing else to try, so much for keeping my money local with an independent. Drove an hour to my local cabelas and test shot probably 7 different bows. Left the store with a bengal. I have split two carbon arrows already with it. Didn't take me long after not shooting for about 7 or 8 years with this bow. I have to be careful not to shoot more than 4 arrows at the same target (when target panic isn't setting in)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by srwven View Post
    And probably why I will be as well. $450 for a damn good bow with plenty of speed. Local guy tried to steer me into a hoyt turbohawk after I told him I wanted to stay around $400. Only had 1 bow to test shoot (the turbohawk!). $550. I shot it, damn nice bow, but more than I wanted to spend. Nothing else to try, so much for keeping my money local with an independent. Drove an hour to my local cabelas and test shot probably 7 different bows. Left the store with a bengal. I have split two carbon arrows already with it. Didn't take me long after not shooting for about 7 or 8 years with this bow. I have to be careful not to shoot more than 4 arrows at the same target (when target panic isn't setting in)
    Ummm, let's not get started on a target panic discussion.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver