Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Jaguar T/D

deanrm

Default Martin Jaguar T/D

Hey Martin,

I just got one of your new Jaguar T/D's and love it! I am happy to see that such an awsome product can be produced here in the USA at a very reasonable price.

Thanks Martin/Howatt....you guy's ROCK!!!
    Dean

SandSquid

Hope mine are in route to us as well...... The kids in my youth group have been anxiously waiting on them since I ordered them back in December!

SoCalArcher

Default Jaguar Recurve

I have one order, should be here in two weeks. I've only seen pictures and have noticed the shelf is not crowned; I shoot off the shelf. Any suggestions?

deanrm

SoCalArcher,

I also shoot off the shelf on my other bows, but on the Jaguar, I use the elevated rest that Martin includes with the bow. You will get awsome arrow flight as you can adjust it way past center if you want. After shooting mine this way, I am tempted to put an elevated rest on one of my other bows also.

If you really want to shoot off the shelf, I would make a radius out of a 1" or 2" dowel, split in 1/3 and glue it onto the shelf and sight window. I'm sure you could make it work good.

I would recommend trying the elevated rest first. You might like it!

Dean

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalArcher View Post
    I have one order, should be here in two weeks. I've only seen pictures and have noticed the shelf is not crowned; I shoot off the shelf. Any suggestions?
    What I was advised yesterday is that if you have not already recieved your Jaguar T/D (from the first production run of limbs) it is likely you will not see it until "next month sometime". The next batch of limbs are in route to Walla Walla currently.
    Last edited by SandSquid; 04-01-2009 at 06:36 PM.

SoCalArcher

Dean,

Great suggestion! I'll try the dowel; however, I will give the elevated rest a shot.

eldermike

Got mine on order today. Martin has the limbs and is working on back orders now. So I ordered from a dealer today to get in the back order status.

SoCalArcher

Default Jaguar Recurve - What's the hold up?

I ordered my 45# Jaguar Recurve in March; I'm still waiting. I can understand an eight to ten week wait for a custom recurve, i.e. Black Widow, Habu, ACS Adcock; we're talking about a metal riser bow from the largest manufacturer in North America. What's the hold up?

damascusdave

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalArcher View Post
    I ordered my 45# Jaguar Recurve in March; I'm still waiting. I can understand an eight to ten week wait for a custom recurve, i.e. Black Widow, Habu, ACS Adcock; we're talking about a metal riser bow from the largest manufacturer in North America. What's the hold up?
    One of the fellows that I shoot with has been waiting for a Hoyt for a lot longer than that. I think the recent economic downturn has really hit some companies where they live, particularly those who specialize in boys toys.

deanrm

I ordered mine in November, and got it in March which was over 3 months, but I'm sure Martin is trying to get them out as soon as possible. I know they are producing their Rytera Alien-X bows as fast as they can. Maybe once they get ahead with one line, they can concentrate on another line. I think it had been a challenge for them to meet the demand for the limbs.

I think we should be happy that we can order these at such a great price. If it takes a little longer, it's just that much sweeter when it arrives!